10 - The Slyest Fox of them All

Phone pressed against her ear, Dinah stood right by the entrance outlined in bold red. She may have been stationary but her eyes continued to roam around, flitting in all directions in search for Diego and his posse while the crowd remained bearable at 9:42 P.M.

Vega's team had promptly picked up guest lists at most every restaurant around the Las Vegas Strip, finding a breakthrough when Dinah suggested to look into those close to clubs, leading them to TAO, which conveniently had a nightclub and an Asian Bistro boasting Chinese, Japanese and Thai cuisine.

Dinah was conveniently craving some sushi.

"Dixon is headed straight at you." Vega's deep and apparently exhausted voice rang through her phone. "Renegade is in position."

"10-4." Dinah frowned, running her hand through her much darker hair; upholding her supposed dilemma.

Dinah had a particular distaste for stress and being consumed by it. Unlike Camila, she liked to take another route in handling situations. Completely aware of her predicament, she would choose to stay calm and fight to remain positive while on high alert, as opposed to Camila zoning out from the rest of the world - devoting everything to success of her operation and in turn, becoming a hazard to her own life.

While in the safety of her suite and on their way – albeit separately, Camila had constantly pestered her about using her surroundings to her advantage; using them as make-shift weapons or find the nearest exit point. She practically begged for Dinah to avert any squabble or run away should one spark.

Camila wasn't too appreciative of Dinah's response when she asked her partner to blend in and be the least recognizable as possible.

Dinah had gone for her typical "I can't. I'm too fabulous," that was apparently the worst answer of the century.

Dinah may have understood her concern completely but she felt as though Camila was trying to rewire her brain to erase everything she knew and practically reducing her involvement in the case for her safety.

Camila cared too much sometimes but that was one of the things that made her an amazing friend.

"Where the hell are you?! Our reservation's at 9:30!" Dinah gritted, irritation coursing in her voice. "You know what? I'm going in without you. I'm too hungry to pass this up."

"Hey, person." Ian smoothly swooped in, offering a soft smile albeit approaching with such caution. "Nice bumping into you again. You look absolutely...breathtaking."

Ian appeared to be containing his excitement at seeing Dinah again, the greatest sign the undercover officer needed to breathe a sigh of relief – metaphorically, for now. Boosting his boyish charm, Ian expectantly raised his brows just as he lifted his hand to slightly wave, exposing an awkwardness that hadn't tainted their previous meeting.

He definitely had a crush, especially with that stupid grin and his gawkily hovering hand.

"Thanks." Dinah bashfully smiled, exposing the little dimple atop her cheekbone as she cradled her phone against her chest. "I'm sorry. I was talking to my friend and she bailed on me."

It was almost a tragedy that Ian's eyes lit up at the mention of Dinah being stood up but since she was after his cunning friend, it was the greatest victory of all.

"Why don't you come with us? My friends are already inside. I had to wash up after our long day." He divulged, steadily approaching until he was pleased with the meager distance between him and Dinah.

When Dinah didn't seem sold, he scrambled to search for an offer she couldn't refuse.

"Your friend can join us if she decided to come?"