Chapter 2

Kehlani's pov

"OHH SHIITT... Sorry" I said, "excuse me language young lady". My eyes widened as I shuffled to my feet when I realised I bumped into & cursed in front of my principal Mr.Hemsworth.

"Why are you still in the hallway class has started a few minutes ago?" my principal asked. I looked around the hall noticing I was the only one still in the hall except for the lazy janitor. Damn how long was I day dreaming about bae.

"Excuse me did you hear me?" he asked, I turned to look at him a little annoyed "sorry I must've lost track of time". He sighed "alright I don't want to catch you out here again" I shook my head as I watched him walk back to somebody that was looking at  the trophy case & observing all the metals, trophies, & achievements that my school has gained over the years.

I don't know if its just me but the back of that person looked way too familiar. "Impressive huh?" the principal asked as he walked up to the person, "hell yeah.... Oh sorry I mean yes of course".  My lips curled into a smile when I recognized the voice that answered back.

"Ayyo Amber is that you?" I semi yelled. The principal & the person turned around with a surprised expression, but Mr.Hemsworth looked more annoyed than surprised.

"Ayyo what's up Lani" my cousin Amber said with a big cheesy grin while walking up to me & engulfing me in a hug. "So what's up with you?" she asked after we finished hugging, "nothing much you know I'm just outchea trying to get an education". She looked to her right & her left, then back at me "where it at doe?" she asked. We both started to laugh "shut up I do get my education" she shook her head while smiling " Nah for real though I hope you do work hard in school & not fool around" she replied.

Yea work hard at getting my girl I thought to myself, I was about to reply but was interrupted by Mr.Hemsworth clearing his throat. Amber had an oh shit look on her face when she realised she forgot my principal was standing right behind us, " I'll pick you up after school alright" I nodded "okay".

Amber walked back to Mr.Hemsworth apologizing & they began to walk around the corner continuing their conversation. I only had 20 minutes left of class so I just killed time in the halls until my next class.

As the bell rang the halls began to fill with students, I waited outside of Jordun's class so we could walk to advisory together. "Damn Keh why you standing so close to the door" Jordun said bumping into me. "Oh sorry, but anyways guess who I saw" "who?" he asked "Amber" he smirked "you mean the tall, light skinned,sexy Amber" he asked, I scrunched up my face"no I mean my cousin Amber".

"Yea that's the one, damn she fine but to bad she's gay" he sighed. We began to walk to advisory when we heard the warning bell. I raised my eye brow "uumm sorry but I don't recall you ever being straight" he glared at me causing me to chuckle " excuse me I remember telling you that I'm bi though" he said "oh my bad you just rarely show it", he hit me in the back of my head. "So anyways what was she here for?" he asked " I don't know but she's coming to pick me up after school". "Good I get to see her" Jordun said while we both walked into advisory.

Jordun tapped my shoulder getting my attention & pointed to the empty chair next to Normani. My heart filled with glee as I practically raced to the seat, hearing Jordun in the background laugh at me. I turned to look at the side of Normani's face & I could've sworn I seen her roll her eyes but it's probably my eyes playing tricks on me. I turned my attention to the teacher Ms.Stevenson when she began speaking.

Normani's pov

I was sitting in advisory waiting for Ms.Stevenson to start class, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket & pull it out to see that Dinah texted me reminding me about the special dance practice we had after school. I text her back a thumbs up & an ok emoji and put my phone away.

I lift my head & look towards the doorway & see Kehlani a.k.a my stalker. I turn my head to the front & just hope and pray that she doesn't sit next to me.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when something zooms in front of me to sit right next to me & guess who it was. If you guessed Kehlani then yo ass guessed right. I see her stare at me through the corner of my eye, she finally stops when Ms.Stevenson starts to talk.

"Okay class remember how we were talking about jobs & careers?", "yea" everyone said "good, okay class I want you to know that getting your dream job or career is not that easy but it is attainable, there are also many things you have to do in order to get your dream career, so can you tell me some of these things?" Ms.Stevenson asked.

A kid said to stay in school, another kid said to find the plug which made everybody laugh. The next kid said interviews duh, Ms.Steveson shot up from her seat "bingo" she semi yelled.
"Interviews are a major key class & that's what we will be working on today, so I want you to partner up with the person on your right & interview each other as if you were on a serious interview for your dream career".

Once she said partner up I groaned internally already knowing who I would have to partner with.

When I turned to my right Kehlani had the cheesiest grin "you think your slick right?" she looked confused "nah bae I just think your gorgeous" she reply replied. "Alright let's just get this over with", "I'll go 1st" she quickly said, I just shrugged my shoulders & gestured for her to go.

"What's your dream job?" she asked "to be a singer & dancer" she smirked "well can you give me a lil demo" she asked I sighed and started to sing a little part from Beyonce's pretty hurts.
I opened my eyes after I was done singing & Kehlani looked like she was star struck which made a small blush creep upon my cheeks.

"Damn ladies & gentlemen we have us a triple threat here" she said while clapping which made me giggle a little but also confused as to why she would say triple threat. "Triple threat?" I asked tilting my head slightly. "Yea triple threat I mean I've seen you dance & I must say that is a sight to behold, and you just proved that you can sing your ass off, & plus you can act". I raise my eyebrow "I don't really do that much acting".

"Oh yes you do you act like you don't like me everyday" she said while giggling. I started to get a little tingling feeling in my stomach but I just brushed it off, probably hungry I thought to myself. "Actually no it's not an a-" before I could get out the last word I was interrupted by the fire alarm going off indicating there was a fire drill, I rolled my eyes knowing how wild these kids can get when there's a drill.

-------Skip to the end of the day------

Kehlani's pov

Me and Jordun were walking out of school thankful that the school day was over. "I saw you chatting it up with wifey today in advisory" Jordun said while wiggling his eyebrows. "Yea you know we couldn't stop flirting & what not", Jordun bust out laughing making me look at him in disgust his laugh is really annoying. "If you don't shut your lying ass up" he said, I rolled my eyes "what ever".

I heard somebody honking repeatedly I turned to my left and saw Amber in an all red range rover. Me & Jordun walked up to her car, I glance at Jordun to see him eye fucking Amber. "Damn thirsty much" I said bringing him out of his trance he began to blush "sorry it's just that she's dressed  boyish & still got those pretty ass girly features.... it's like the best of both worlds", it was my turn to laugh at him.

"Hey Amber this is my friend Jordun can you drop him off please" I asked when we arrived to the car. "Yea sure hop in" she answered we drove off headed to J's house.

"So why were you here earlier?", "damn no how has my favorite cousin been?" she retorted "but anyway I was here to apply for the girls basketball team coach & guess what..... I got it!!" she basically screamed. "That's so fucking liitt!! I said & then dabbed on 'em.

"That's not the only news I have though" she said "what else?", "my sister & mother are moving back to Oakland" she said this time I did a whole dance routine in my seat.

While Amber continued to drive I just sat back in my seat smiling & just thinking about how liitt it's about to be with my two favorite cousins & my other aunt back in Oakland with us.

________________________________

Damn almost 2,000 words but I hope you enjoy
There's a pic of Amber above so you could get a better view of her
Please vote & recommend this story to others thanx💛