Chapter 1

Crickets were chirping. Air was gently migrating through the tall pine trees. And the tires of the 1967 Chevrolet Impala ran across the asphalt. The engine purred with each turn-over, bringing a smile to the driver's face. Dean was really proud of his baby, and everybody knew that.

He could see the sun come up, slightly blinding him. A stir was heard next to him. Looking over, he saw his little, yes little, brother, Sam, sleeping next to him. Well, until the light penetrated his eyes.

"Wakey wakey," Dean said jokingly.

Sam rubbed the sleep from his eyes, sitting up. "Hey. So, where are we?" He checked his phone that somehow seemed to have a signal. I swear, this guy is Wi-Fi itself. He could be in space and still get a signal!

"We're just arriving at Gravity Falls, Oregon. Home of the infamous Mystery Shack," he said, nudging Sam slightly.

"What?" Sam asked, confused.

"The Mystery Shack," Dean repeated only to receive the same confused stare. "I thought you liked places like that. You know, with all the weird crap and stuff?"

Sam shook his head. "Not since that one time." Dean's eyebrows furrowed, trying to remember when he was talking about. "The Broward County Mystery Spot? Dean, I would wake up to the same Tuesday because you kept on...?!"

"Ok I get it, I get it!"

The duo pulled up to Greasy's Diner, seeing as it was the only place in town as far as they knew. Sam picked up his backpack from the back seat before following Dean inside. Taking a seat, Sam pulled out his laptop.

"Howdy boys, my name's Susan and I'll be serving you today. What can I get for you boys?" an older woman asked. She looked normal; some fair wrinkles and grey hair. Except her left eye was shut lazily.

"Eggs with extra bacon," Dean requested with a smile. "Uhm, a salad," Sam added. Susan nodded, writing down the order before walking off.

"Seriously? A salad? At 9 in the morning?" Dean asked quietly.

"Shut up it's healthy," Sam spat, shooting him down.

Sam took out his laptop, logging in and going back to the bunch of articles he found.

"So, we got 10 missing person reports in the last week. All ranged from children to adults, and were kidnapped in the middle of the night without a trace," Sam said, summarizing what he read.

"Alright so any idea what we're dealing with?" Sam paused to think. Meanwhile Susan came back with their food.

"Anything else I can get for you boys?" she asked. Dean shook his head, his mouth already full of the greasy heaven called bacon. "'Kay just hollar if ya need anything," Susan said as she walked off.

"Here, get this," Sam leaned forward in the booth, excited about the new information. "So the ones who were taken from their homes were actually stabbed. They ranged from late teens to mid to late twenties."

"And the kids?" Dean asked before taking a sip of coffee.

"Some witnesses saw them run into the forest," Sam said, sighing in disbelief. "Maybe it's a demon?"

"What kind of demon just breaks into people's homes and stabs them before taking their dying bodies?" Dean did have a point.

So demons, no. Werewolf, no. Vampire, no. Wendigo...no. Couldn't be a ghost. Nor any other monster they've encountered. Maybe it was something new. Or it was just some psycho who can get a lot of work done. Or worse, there's more than one.

"Is there even anything for us here?" Dean asked. "I mean, could just be some sicko gutting people."

Sam sighed. "Yeah maybe. But let's just see what we can find."

Meanwhile

The loud pattering of feet running down the wooden stairs echoed throughout the shack, followed by the creaking of the wood. This was now the fourth summer in Gravity Falls for M- sorry, Dipper and Mabel Pines. This meant more mysteries for Dipper to write about in his own journals.

Mabel sat down at the table, her long brown hair in twin braids with stickers on her cheeks. She wore a star-patterned blue sweater and grey shorts with black flats. Dipper walked over in a orange and blue flanel and grey shorts with converse. The same signature Pine Tree hat covered most of the brown hair atop his head.

"So, what's the plan for today, Bro Bro?" Mabel asked. Dipper took out his nearly completed journal. Only about 20 pages were currently empty.

"I don't think we have anything to do other than help out around the shack," he responded.

Soos and Melody walked into the kitchen, already dressed in their suits and props. They both had eye-patches; Soos wore the fez and carried a cane in his left hand.

"Morning, dudes," he greeted with a wave.

"Morning guys," the twins said together. Mabel was loud and full of joy. Dipper was tired and less ecstatic.

"How're you two doing?" Melody asked, sitting with them at the small wooden table. Soos went over to turn on the small television on a shelf by the table. When he did, it immediately went to the news.

"-body of a local teenager was found stabbed to death in his bedroo-" Soos changed it before Shandra could go any further.

"When are the police going to catch whoever is doing this?" Melody asked with a sigh.

Soos shrugged, the two looking at Dipper and Mabel. They worried about the twins, seeing as they were almost-seventeen-year -olds. Although they've beaten monsters, evil baby children and extradimensional dream demons, they were still concerned. The supernatural was one thing, but cold-blooded murder was another.

The twins have seen so much over the past few years, but even so, were they prepared for this?