Chapter Twenty~Two

We were silent for the first few minutes of the car ride. I glance at him still watching the road. "So van we stop and get food," I ask trying too sound sweet and compassionate. "Hmph, I don't care," he replied his voice full of saltyness. I roll my eyes and stop the car, " what is your problem?" He looks at me and turns to look out the window. I sigh and put the var in drive. I go straight to the police station. I take the keys out the ignition and threw them on his lap. And go into the station. Why did I get mad? I thought. 

I walk into the station and was greeted by a lady at the front desk. "How may I help you sweetheart," she asks with a fake smile plastered on her face. "I'm Elizabeth Calfield, I am here to-," I was cut off. "She is here to see us," the male cop from yesterday said walking in. The female cop was directing me into a small room. I looked around frantically for Clay then I see him walk in with a bag. I look at him and he speeds up. Then I walk through the door with Clay at my heels. "I'm not leaving your side," he whispered for only me too hear. I nod and sigh smiling to myself. We walk down the hall a few more minutes then entered a room. "We will be a minute," the female cop said to Clay not noticing me. Then they leave closing the door. The room is plain like in the movies. It has a table in the middle surrounded by a couple chairs around it. I sit down in the chair Clay pulled out for me. Then he took his place beside me. I put my hands in my lap and bounce my leg nervously. Clay noticed this, then grasps my hands, and rubs this thumb across my palm. Calming my nerves.