Pork Dumpling

Song to listen to when you're reading this: Icing by Charity Vance

From the very beginning, Baekhyun had always associated Chanyeol with pork dumplings but he never thought that he would ever invite him over to his house for the sole purpose of eating them.

On a random day in class, Baekhyun had accidentally called him a dumpling out loud and Sehun wouldn't shut up about it until Hyeji told him it was annoying. For a ten year old, she had used some pretty harsh words and although it was a bit scarring, it was effective against Sehun. He finally shut up and their table moved on to conversations about favourite foods.

The whole topic seemed to have given Chanyeol the idea that Baekhyun had a thing for dumplings and so the next day he invited him over for the first time. The reason for it? He had made his mom buy them dumplings and she had bought them way before Chanyeol's planned date. As a solution, Chanyeol invited Baekhyun over last minute and trashed everything else he had planned other than eating.

Baekhyun's mother agreed readily when he asked her, saying she was planning to order takeout that night anyway.

So Chanyeol came to pick him up on his bicycle and they were off to his house. The entire way, Baekhyun was distracted by the fact that Chanyeol still had training wheels fixed onto his bike that he completely forgot the way from his own house to Chanyeol's. It was a bit unsettling, being in a completely unfamiliar place, but he felt that as long as Chanyeol was there to distract him, he would be fine.

They parked their bikes in the middle of the driveway and Baekhyun followed Chanyeol's lead, entering into a house that was nearly the complete opposite of his old one.

While the one that Baekhyun was used to had been an old, rustic and warm house, this one was large, with wide open spaces and too little furniture. It didn't reflect at all what the Park family was like, but, at least it was clean.

If Baekhyun knew Chanyeol, he knew that he had a difficult time keeping his stuff neat and the house looked like it had been polished from top to bottom.

After they took off their shoes, Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun into the kitchen, calling for his mom while he waved for Baekhyun to sit down. He complied, resting in one of the bar stools that were almost too tall for him to get into. Almost. He was growing, and was delighted to figure out that he could actually manage to get himself into the seat.

After a minute of waiting, Chanyeol came back with his mom and a dimpled smile that Baekhyun had grown accustomed to.

"Baekhyun it's so nice to see you!" His mother cooed as she entered the kitchen, grabbing an apron to wrap around her waist. "You've grown so much!"

Baekhyun smiled, almost proud of himself for having grown a little.

"It's nice to see you too!" Baekhyun replied, overly enthusiastic because of her earlier comment.

Chanyeol watched the exchange happily before reaching over the counter and giving his mom a box.

"Are these the ones that you ordered?" He asked.

She nodded, taking them from him, "I'll just heat them up. Do you want anything else to eat?" Her question was directed at Baekhyun and he wondered if it was impolite to ask for whatever he wanted. While she popped the buns into the microwave Baekhyun asked if there was anything he really wanted.