Request - Bran Stark "I fell in love the way you fall asleep."

Bran stared into nowhere. It was always hard to guess where his minded ended up when it drifted away and he didn't like talking about it afterwards. He always assured you that if he would notice something important he would share it would you.

You had lost count of the days that had passed by ever since you had met Bran. You had lost count of the amounts of time you had been too cold to function and he had warmed you up. You had lost count of the numerous occasions you had been fighting to keep him alive.

"What are you thinking of?" Bran used his arms to move himself closer to you.

"And why is that question all of a sudden okay when you ask it?" You teased him a little and when he eventually sat down next to you, his back against the cold tree, you pressed your elbow in his side.

"There is nothing wrong with asking me that question, you just know that I can't simply give you an answer all the time." He smiled a little and his head rested on your shoulder. Even though the boy had been a total stranger when you had met him, he felt familiar now. Everything about him was familiar. The way he spoke to you, the way he touched you, the way he trusted you, the way he took care of you. "If you don't want to answer that's fine with me too."

You bent your head and your lips curled up into a smile. Snow was blinking in your hair and your lips were a little blue and frozen, but you had gotten used to that feeling by now and it didn't even bother you anymore. "Well, since we need something to talk about, I'm fine with using my thoughts as a starting point."

Bran smiled back at you. In the beginning he had rarely smiled. He had been struggling with the weight on his shoulders, he had been struggling with his gift and the responsibility that came with it. Now he started to embrace who he was and who he had become. It looked good on him.

"I was thinking of how you were a total stranger when we met and how you are almost a part of me now." You cocked your head a little and you felt his hand gently grabbing yours, even though you were both wearing gloves.

"Sometimes we meet the right people in the strangest places." He pressed his forehead to yours and you could feel his nose brushing yours. "And sometimes we fall in love in a way we had not expected."

You giggled and you lifted your head up a little so you could kiss his lips. "Actually, I had not expected to fall in love at all." You bent your head again, but Bran grabbed your chin and forced you to look up once more.

"I have hoped for it." He whispered, the wind almost blowing his words away. "But I have never thought it would be like this." He paused for a short moment, his breath warming your frozen nose. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly and then all at once."

A smile spread across your face and you wrapped your arms carefully around his body. "That sounds like a nice way to fall in love." You teased him a little before you kissed him again. "I think I started falling already the moment I met you and I'm not sure if I hit the ground yet."

"Isn't that the thing about love?" Bran cocked his head a little. "It lifts us up and no matter how hard we fall, we will never hit the floor. Maybe..." He smiled a little smile. "Maybe we'll be able to touch the clouds one day."