Request - Bran Stark "It's a lot easier to be lost than found"

You had stopped looking up every time you heard the squeaking of the gate. Your heart had stopped skipping a beat every time you heard the clatter of hooves. Your lips had stopped curling up into a smile every time a guest arrived at Winterfell.

It was years ago he had gone missing. It was years ago since Theon had pretended that he had been killed. It was years ago that someone had heard something from him, had seen something from him, had known for sure that he was still alive.

You would never be able to forgive Theon for what he had done. You would never be able to see him again as the friend he had once been. You would never be able to stare into his eyes without the pain of a broken and shattered heart.

Theon had chased him away. Theon had condemned him to a life outside the safe walls of Winterfell. If something had happened to him, Theon would be the one to blame.

And somehow you were certain that something had happened to him. But even now you had stopped looking up, even now your heart had stopped skipping a beat and your lips had stopped curling up, Bran was always on your mind.

He had only been a child when he had disappeared, but his smile had brightened your entire life. He had been braver than you would ever be. He had been tougher than you would ever be.

Secretly you had always hoped that Ned Stark would allow you to marry him. Secretly you had dreamed about a future by his side, here at Winterfell. You had imagined how he would guide you to the highest spot of the castle to show you the stars. You had fantasized how he would come home with a bouquet of self picked flowers. You had dreamed of all the sweet words he would whisper when the two of you were supposed to be asleep.

Once again the gate of Winterfell squeaked. Once again the cluttering of hooves reached your ear. Once again a guest arrived at Winterfell.

"(Y/N)!" Sansa turned her face towards you and you saw a playful glimmer in her beautiful eyes. "(Y/N)! You have to come with me!" She smiled brightly and she grabbed your hand, pulling you with her to the courtyard.

"Where are we..." You stood still and every muscle froze.

He had grown a few inches or more. The boy had clearly become a man, but his eyes were still the same. His smile was still the same and he was staring at you the same way you were staring at him.

"Bran?" You didn't even know why you said his name and you felt your cheeks heating up. "I thought you were..." You didn't dare to say the word out loud and for the first time you realized you had really thought he had died somewhere on his own in the middle of the woods. "I thought we would never find you back!" You ran towards him and you wrapped your arms around his neck while you ignored the girl who had pulled him all the way back to Winterfell.

Bran buried his face in your hair and while you closed your eyes he whispered softly. "I've missed you more than you can imagine." He pressed his lips to your cheek and the smile on your face brightened.

"I thought I'd never be happy again." You whispered back. "Not without you."

"It's a lot easier to be lost than found." Bran used his thumb to wipe your tears from happiness away. "But I never gave up on finding a way back to you."