Chapter 2

I made a mistake.

I got animal blood.

The issue with this is, animal blood is not satisfying. Some vampires prefer drinking animal blood because of morals, or they feel outright disgusted with themselves. My body has already gotten used to human blood, so animal blood is a big downgrade.

I finished the bottle yesterday night and we're on the tour bus for another 8 hours!

I really hope I make it.

*****

Its been 24 hours.

We did the first show and there were no "feeding buildings" around.

Oh, God.

The bus has been moving for 2 hours now, and I had a moment. Again.

Mitch put his headphones on and leaned his head on the bus walls, making his neck completely exposed.

I just saw his pulse.

Boom boom.

Boom boom.

I quickly shook my head and looked back at my phone ignoring those thoughts.

*****

It's been 46 hours.

There's a whole crew walking around.

Boom boom.

Boom boom.

I don't want to hurt anyone. I can't. I just ran to the bus. The band members were in the venue, and I figured there would be no one there.

When I got in I sat on the couch and took a few deep breaths. I stood up and started pacing.

What am I going to do?

I can't just go out, grab a person and bite. I'd get arrested, go to jail, death sentence, who knows!

I smelled blood outside and my eyes flashed from blue to red and vice-versa a few times. Suddenly the rest of the band entered the bus.

"Oh my God, Scott! We were so worr-" Mitch started. The smell got to overwhelming so I had to interrupt him.

"You guys have to go." I said bluntly. My eyes were now completely red and my fangs were threatening to come out.

"But-"

"Just go!" I faced him and my fangs were exposed. They just stood dumbfounded. I realized there were some woods next to the parking lot, next to the venue. I ran and pushed past them and sprinted full speed towards the woods.

I heard a few footsteps behind me but before they could catch up I ran into the woods.

The first thing I saw was a rabbit. I didn't care if it was cute at that moment, I just wanted it's blood.

I quickly ran towards it, grabbed it, and sunk my teeth into its neck until it was completely dry.

Like I said, it wasn't satisfying enough, but it would do until I got to a "feeder".

I started walking back towards the bus, and when I finally got there, the band was inside, Mitch and Kirstie on the table, Kevin leaning on the wall, and Avi on the couch, all of them deep in thought.

Once I walked in the smell hit me. I took a deep breath and walked straight to find my bottle, a hoodie, a hat, and some sunglasses. They all stood up once they noticed me and Mitch was the first one to speak up.

"Scott! Oh my God, Scott." He hugged me. I would've hugged back but I'm afraid the temptation would've been too much.

"Mitch, stop. Please stop." I took a deep breath for the hundredth time that day. He immediately stepped back. I started walking again towards the exit.

"Wait, Scott? Why are you leaving again? At least explain!" Kirstie yelled.

"Kirstie, not now. I have to go to a feeder." I put on my sunglasses and hat.

"That can wait!"

"No it can not!" My voice got deeper and deeper. "Unless you want me to dig my fucking fangs into your neck! I'll be back in like twenty minutes." I walked out.

I never, never used my full vampire voice, but at that moment I was desperate.

*****

I was finally satisfied and I made my way back to the bus. They were all still there.

"Sit the fuck down and explain." Mitch said the second I got there.

"Okay, calm down. There's not much to explain." I stated.

"Not much to explain?! You're a vampire! And you didn't tell us!" Kevin exclaimed.

"Okay, so yes, I'm a vampire."

"When did that happen?!" Avi asked.

"I was about... 16. I was walking home from Mitch's house and some dude just grabbed me by the throat and took me behind a dumpster. He bit me but didn't get finished because a man passed by. He ran away and left me half empty, making me... this." I gestured at myself.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Mitch said quietly.

"Because vampires are treated like shit, Mitch! You can't just walk around with a blood bottle without someone cowering away or insulting you for being a 'freak of nature'. I have to watch other vampires go through that and I don't want to live it myself." I said, finishing quietly. I sighed.
"Let's just go. The concert's in thirty minutes." I stood up and walked out once again.

*****

Once we finished singing Sing and said goodnight, we walked backstage. I saw Esther taking a snap so I made a weird gesture.

Yes, I know people say vampires can't be seen in mirrors or cameras, but those are lies. Just like the fact that we can't stand under the sun.

I walked straight to the tour bus, avoiding everyone. Esther and the rest of the crew shot me weird looks, but in the corner of my eye I saw Kirstie whispering in her ear, and Esther's eyes going wide.

Yup. She told her.

Esther started walking quickly towards me.

"Scott, what the-?"

"Don't." I just kept walking to the bus.

Once I got in I showered in the box we call a bathroom and went to my bunk. I don't sleep, but I still need my peace and quiet.

*****

30 minutes later I heard some voices in the bus. I put my headphones on and closed my eyes.

"Wait, I think Scott's asleep." Kirstie said in a hushed tone.

"He's a vampire, genius!" Mitch retorted. "Scott?" He called my name.

"Yes?" I peeked my head out from the curtain, and slightly jumped at how close he suddenly was.

"Just looking for you." He then walked back to the little lounge.

I have a bad feeling.

*****

Maybe a double?