♡two♡

josh woke up to a sound from the hallway. he opened his eyes, a little sticky from sleep, and looked over quickly to the clock on his nightstand. 3:47am, it read. he resisted the urge to groan and sat up carefully, making sure to be as quiet as he could. the sound was coming from the guest room. it sounded like crying.

josh felt his heart almost squeeze. he already hated knowing tyler was in pain, and he got up quickly, padding through the living room to the guest room. no lights were on, and his path was illuminated by the moon and a streetlight outside his window, letting streaks of milky light pass across him. he stopped in front of the closed door, taking in a breath before pushing it open, slowly and carefully.

tyler lay curled on the small bed, his head buried in his shoulder as his entire body shook with sobs. his muscles were almost crumpled, sounds of pain and fear escaping his body as he trembled with the force of his sadness. as soon as he saw josh he looked up with eyes brimming with tears, his cheeks stained with trails of the salty liquid. "I-I'm so sorry for waking you up, I just, I'm sorry, I ruin everything," he choked out, making josh's heart twist. he never wanted this beautiful boy to be unhappy. he padded over to the edge of the bed, sitting down and opening his arms to let tyler in. tyler widened his eyes slightly at the gesture, more tears filling his eyes as he crawled hesitantly into josh's embrace. as soon as the boy was curled in his arms he tightened them, stroking tyler's soft hair with one hand and rubbing circles into his back with the other.

tyler let his guard down, sobbing harder, his emotions spilling out, words falling brokenly from his lips. "josh, I just, I loved him so much. I loved him more than anything, and then one day I was looking for something and I found this box of, this box of letters, and they weren't mine and he was cheating on me for so long. and I asked him about them and I was so afraid of what he might say and he was so angry. I was so stupid, he told me I was an idiot and I should leave the h-house, and he left me on the road and said brendon was much better than I could ever have been, and, I miss him so much, it hurts so much, why wasn't I good enough? the-the voice in my head said I should die and I wanted to die and, i, josh, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," he sobbed, clutching the fabric of my thin shirt with his hands, repeating I'm sorry to me over and over.

his story made my head hurt, and I was unable to understand what type of monster would cheat on this fragile, perfect person, much less abandon them on the side of a road without anywhere to go, and then to blame it on him. I clutched him to my chest, tears rising to my eyes too, and whispered words of comfort into his soft brown strands. he was still practically a stranger to me--I didn't even know his last name--but I felt like I had known him forever, and I felt a deep rage inside myself towards the man who had done this to him. I held his small body in my arms for a very long time, until his sobs began to slow and reduce to hiccups that would send little shocks through his limbs.

he finally looked up at me, his eyes red and still a little wet. I knew if I left him alone he'd be left in the silence with his own thoughts, and I couldn't have that happen. "tyler, do you want to-would it help at all to sleep in my bed? I'm really sorry if that sounds weird at all but--" he cut me off by attempting a little half smile and saying, "p-please." i let him stand up and I took his small, soft hand in mine, giving it a light squeeze.

we walked back to my room, and I couldn't keep my eyes away from the sway of his perfect hips and slender form. he could've been a model, I thought. I watched him climb into one side of the bed and I reluctantly got into the other side of the bed, the sight of him snuggled under my covers sending a few unholy thoughts rushing through my mind. I wished I could cuddle him but I didn't want to seem too desperate. he'd just gotten out of a relationship in the worst way-what the hell was I thinking?

I heard him shifting on the other side of the mattress and suddenly I felt two warm, slender arms wrap around my torso, the most gentle, delicate, hesitant touch i'd ever felt. I flipped over, both of our movements slow and unsure, and he immediately turned his body, obviously asking me to spoon him. smiling like an idiot, I curved my torso and pulled him tightly against me, wrapping my arms around him again, as he snuggled back into me. I felt tired instantly, never having felt calmer or cozier in my life, warmth engulfing my body as I was lulled to sleep by his breaths.

if you ever have any problems, please, please pm me. you all deserve the world and you're all so beautiful and your health is everything to me. I love you.

also well shit yall i met a boy and he's cute and tall and loves hugs. and I'm keeping an eye out. I'll update on this.