[07]

Close Encounters ~

I turned the volume up on my iPod letting Sia's lovely voice drown out the rest of the world as I sat on the bench in the quad where people usually came to study. I had my black pen between my index finger and thumb twirling it around as I tried to think about the time I when I did something drastically to myself or to someone. It was an assignment from my creative writing class and I couldn't think of anything. I didn't't want to write about my first time with Louis and I couldn't think of anything else either. As I sat there with a blank notebook and an empty mind, I felt eyes burning a hole in the back of my head. I turned around slowly and my violet eyes locked with grey ones the same ones I saw not to long ago. The weird feeling I feel every time I go into the woods comes back and my heart starts to pound inside my chest. This boy keeps staring at me, squinting his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest, leaning against the brick wall of the east building.

I let my long brown hair fall like a curtain around my face as I turn around looking at the empty notebook. I started to thinking about a lot of things until one thing came to my mind. The time when I lost myself..

I quickly clicked the pen and began writing on the empty expanse of the notebook filling it with the words of how I felt and how I still feel today. I couldn't stop writing, every emotion I felt spilled out onto that page and I wanted to get everything out instead of bottling it up all the time. Once I finished the paper, I instantly started reading over it. I felt so much better.

Drastically changing is something that has happened to me, especially when I went through something that tore me apart just like it did to my family. My dad leaving really made me depressed, I never talked to anyone and closed myself off from my family and friends. I really didn't trust anyone until I started high school. I met my best friend Alyssa who was going through the same thing I was going through expect she didn't take it as hard as I did. She coped with the pain by turning to drugs which lessened it for her. I always thought drugs were never the best choice to deal with pain but when I smoked for the first time, I felt relaxed and everything around me seemed to just disappear just like one puff of smoke. I started smoking pot, drinking, and going out to parties every single night. Even though it wasn't the best choice for me I really didn't care, it made the pain seem like it wasn't even there anymore which I enjoyed.

My mum was another big reason of why I changed too. She really had a hard time with the divorce so she would work a lot and had a lot of anger and frustration towards my dad. She made me feel like shit basically and I don't know what I did wrong to make her treat me like I was nothing. Maybe because I remind her of my dad or maybe it was because of how I didn't cope as well as Lena did when dad left, I still don't know why. My mum and I constantly argued all the time which made me start to lose the love I had for her and replace it with hatred. I felt so lonely which didn't help with how I felt towards my mum. I acted out in school and I couldn't of cared less if I got in trouble. I can honestly say that the hatred that I have for my mum is the reason why I hate the world so damn much. It's as if I do something right, everything starts to get messed up in some fucked up way that I can't control. So now I'm here in Liverpool trying to better myself.

Drastically changing wasn't the best route for me but I became the person that I am today and I seriously don't regret anything.

"Hey." I jump at the unfamiliar voice and the chills start to run up and down my arms again. Not in a good way.

I lift my head and meet the grey eyes that were staring at me earlier. I didn't even notice he pulled the ear bud out of my left ear. He sat down next to me, are knees brushing.

"Hello." I say cautiously. I don't know who this guy is but I already get this creepy vibe from him again. I hate feeling like this towards the people here. I'm tired of feeling scared.

He stares at me as I stare back at him. My eyes narrow while I stare into his cold ones which gives me the feeling that he's dangerous and that I need to stay away from him. I don't get the feeling like I usually get with Louis where I'm drawn to him not matter how I feel towards him, instead I get the feeling I seriously need stay away from him no matter what he tells me. The stare down continues and I want to pull away but I can't, I'm still trying to decode his creepy demeanor.

"Jasmine?" I tear my gaze away and look up to see that it's Louis. His eyes are a violent color of turquoise. They're so intense that it gives me goosebumps and I scoot away from the guy quickly.

"Louis." The guy next to me says, and I can just hear the cockiness in his voice which annoys me. Why are guys so cocky?

"Parker." I can tell Louis isn't happy by the tone of his voice and body language. His teeth are clenched same with his fists and he's very tense. I can feel the tension between them so I decided to end it.

"Louis," my voice is soft which causes him to look at me, his face softening "Let's go back to my room, alright?"

He nods his head and I gather up my stuff shoving my iPod, notebook, and pen in my backpack quickly. I stand up and walk towards Louis grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze, which relaxes him. We walk towards the main building but before we get about a couple of feet away the guy speaks.

"It was nice meeting you Jasmine. I can't wait to see you again."

Louis tenses at the words and so do I. I don't know that guy and I seriously think he has some issues. He's very disturbing and daunting which makes me uneasy. The last thing he said to me really terrified me. What did he mean? I really didn't even speak to him; basically all I said was hello and instantly got weirded out from his constant staring. Every guy I have met so far either has scared me or they're just strange. I seriously hate this school. Louis and I eventually get to my dorm and I instantly collapse onto my bed, Louis joining me. It was quiet for awhile and I really wanted to ask Louis something, so I turn on my side and look at him.

"Louis?" He hums in response, his eyes closed. "Who was that guy?"

He opens his eyes, staring at me before grabbing my waist making me straddle him. I play with the hem of his shirt awaiting his answer. He sits up against the wall, wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. He leans his forehead against mine making my heart sped up a bit as his cold minty breathe hits my face.

"Just some guy. A guy you need to stay away from." He tells me sternly, even though the mood isn't bad one he still makes it serious. I nod my head and kiss his lips, gently.

"He creeps me out." I slid off his lap, laying back down in my original spot. Louis cuddles up next to me nuzzling his face into my neck pressing delicate kisses to into.

"Promise me you'll stay away from him?" Louis mutters.

And it does take me long to answer..

"I promise."

But all promises are made to be broken..

Author's Note:

So I hope you liked it and Im sorry if it's really bad. I had some serious writers block but Im really excited for the next chapter! The mystery starts....

I love you guys so much! Thank you for the votes and comments It means alot! Dont be afraid to comment I really want to know who's reading my book!(:

Again Thank you so much!

-DiamondInTheRust x