Chapter Thirty-Three

"What do we know so far?"

Ben didn't turn away from staring straight ahead and making a karate chop motion with his hand downward repeatedly as he added, "We have to review what we know so that we can go off of that." He turned his head to the men in the car with him.

Rory started frowning, shrugging, while Adam looked upward with a pensive expression and bit his bottom lip. Hallden, on the other hand, was looking at them all with wide eyes. It was odd for Ben, to see the great Tycoon Hallden so defeated, and he automatically thought of Mara. He grinned sadly of how much she looked like him.

Ben glanced at Nathan in the driver's seat with his hands tightening on the steering wheel and glaring out the window ahead of him.

Despite the circumstances, the older man would have smiled brightly knowing what a reaction one girl could bring out in a man who had sworn romantic love was not an option for him.

But then again, this wasn't just any girl. This was Mara. The girl, who from the very beginning, resisted the charm and handsome looks of Nathan Henry.

She made said man's life a living hell having to keep an eye on her, fighting with her, yelling at her, and then making him fall in love with her. Before Nathan himself knew it, he was attracted to the girl. The way he'd stare at her, the way he'd become frustrated and overwhelmed with jealousy when she'd pay no attention to him, and then there was how Mara would stare up at him that made Nathan fall for her more.

The young man didn't have to say it for Ben to know that Nathan was, indeed, in love.

Now they were going after Mara, and Nathan's green eyes were filled with rage. The grip on the steering wheel he had was making his knuckles white, and he hadn't spoken a word since they all got into the bronco.

Ben glanced at him again and cleared his throat, "Nate."

Nathan turned his head, glancing at Ben, before looking back at the road.

"What." He grumbled, rolling his right shoulder, slightly easing the tension he was feeling before it returned again.

Ben frowned, squinting, "Are you listening to what I'm saying?"

Shrugging, Nathan scoffed, "Honestly Ben, I'm just a little pissed to be actually paying attention I'm afraid."

"Yes... I can see that."

Ben shifted in the passenger seat to face Nathan.

"Look, I get that you are upset about Mara. But don't think that you are the only one. We too want to get her back and we will! But first we really need to figure out where the hell we are going without driving around aimlessly." He gestured to the road that they'd been on for an hour and a half. So Nathan knew he had a point. And that irritated him, but still, he knew Ben was right.

"Fine!" he relented, gripping tighter to the wheel.

Ben sighed, turning to the others in the back. "What do we know?" he repeated.

Adam sat forward, resting his forearms on the seats between Nathan and Ben, answering with his brows furrowed, "We know that this Travosky bloke has been after Mara this whole time, right? Since we first met her, the guy has planned on kidnapping her."

"Right. And that's where all those men come in from the times they had chased us, and then later on Nathan when she was with him." Ben added.

From beside Adam, Rory lifted a brow and leaned forward.

He turned his head and lowered his brows at Nathan, "Didn't you say once that there was a woman that had chased after you?"

Nathan scowled, tilting his head away with his chin towards his chest. Just the mention of Anna made his blood boil more. Her words were stuck in his head from their last encounter.