Labratory

After leaving the CEO's office, his assistant once again led me and we walked all the way back down to my office, my stomach feeling like there's a rock intricately placed right in my gut.

"You will pack your things immediately and go to where you will be staying. You are to stay silent about this arrangement. Any slip ups will result in immediate relocation, do you understand?"

"Y-yes sir...I understand."

When we arrive at the office, I stay completely silent as I packed my very few things Dr. Will let me have, the assistant handing me a shiny red keycard with my name on it.

Wow, guess they were for sure I wouldn't say no.

"I can't help you get there. Follow the instructions on the back of the card and you'll know when you're at your destination."

I nodded slowly and walked out of the room into the mess of long skinny white hallways; They all looked the same, plain white with white tile floors and white ceilings, resembling an insane asylum.

With Dr. Will, that's what it feels like.

I looked on the back of the card and followed every direction, the card leading me down about every hallway and staircase known to man.

Gosh they must really want me hidden.

By the time I read the last direction on the back of the card, it feels like it's been an hour, a sigh of frustration escaping my lips when I finally arrive at the gigantic metal door in the basement.

It couldn't have just said find the basement?

Yeesh, they keep this place locked up tight, there's no way anyone would get in or out of that door.

The rock returns in my stomach when I look at the metal door, the air thick and musty from misuse and inadequate air filtration.

what do those walls hide?

How does one leave them...

My eyes catch onto a small red line shining on a space by the door, my keycard fitting in it perfectly, the door making a very loud thunk sound.

Alright....here goes my freedom...for a whole year...

Will I survive?

What is this robot like?

My eyes strain to see in the room as it's shrouded with darkness, my feet almost tripping over something until I find the large light switch, fluorescent lights beaming with life and illuminating the entire area.

Woah.

There must be every single up to date tool on those tables, any scientist would kill to use even one of these advanced tools, especially me.

I'm practically drooling.

I set my things down on one of the tables and look around the expensive lab, papers and random drawings litter the solid metal floors, a giant chalkboard filled with formulas catching my eyes.

Wait a second...

All of these formulas are incorrect, no robot could function correctly like this.

I'll come back to it later.

With a deep sigh I pass up the chalkboard for now, my eyes scanning the area and taking in all of my surroundings.

This place is pretty big...kind of like a small house, there's even a small room for me.

Making my way down the small hallway in the room, my eyes immediately land on a window in the middle of the room, the glass so thick I feel my stomach churn softly.