Chapter 2

I was scared awake by a slamming on my bedroom door, I sprung up as fast as I could.

"Ireland! Wake up you lazy girl! You're going to be late!" My mom screamed from outside my door, I could smell smoke leaking out from under my door.

"Okay mom I'm awake!" I yelled back.

I felt as though bricks held me in bed. I hardly slept last night. Every sound scared me into a sitting position. I was so scared he would be back again. After a whole night of thinking and worrying, I still couldn't believe what happened, despite that I felt so dirty. I had been saving myself for someone special, after what happened I just felt worthless.

I got out of bed and walked into my bathroom, looking in the mirror was astonishing because I didn't look like myself at all. My brown hair was in a messy heap, although I usually sleep with it up to keep it from looking like this, when I got home I couldn't get the strength to get out of my bed. Under my eyes were deep purple from crying and lack of sleep. I looked like a ghost of myself. My eyes were usually a vibrant green and now they were dull and lifeless. Worse than that I felt like a ghost of myself. I wanted to go back into bed and cry. I didn't want to have to go to school and face him. I didn't want to pretend to be in love with him and act like he didn't... Like he didn't....

I couldn't accept what had been done to me. I didn't want to say the word to myself or to anyone. I didn't want to believe it happened. I wanted everything to go back to how it was 2 short days ago, when I was happy and innocent.

I knew if I went to school looking the way I did now, he would be angry at me. He wants us to look happy, and if I didn't play the character he wants me to be.... Who knows what would happen. I put on as much concealer as I could under my eyes to erase the bags, then I covered my whole face in foundation (which I hardly ever wear) to cover the splotches, I then put on light gold eyeshadow and brown eyeliner to make my eyes look brighter, and pink lipstick to make myself look happier.

I stood back and looked in the mirror, I had my hair in a high pony to make it look normal. I hoped and prayed I would look happy enough to satisfy him, or else I knew I would be punished.

I grabbed my phone and read the text message I got from him over again, fighting back the tears that begged to be released. It read;
"Good morning my beautiful girl <3, I miss you and can't wait to see you at school. Remember you better look as beautiful as you always do today ;p see you soon. Love you"

I threw my phone hard on the ground with a frustrated grunt, I was so angry! I couldn't believe he could do what he did to me then act like we were some happy couple, I had never even talked to him before this, why couldn't I just have a normal relationship with him.

In the middle of my fit on anger my phone vibrated, signifying I had a text message I felt my blood run cold as I bent over to pick up my phone, and of course it was from Dylan, and to my horror it read;
"Don't throw your phone around :( if you break it I can't talk to my beautiful girl. Get dressed and come outside, if you don't hurry we are both gonna be late for school, I'm giving you a ride, hurry."

I felt like someone kicked me in the stomach, he was watching me. Somehow he was watching me. I held back the tears and stood tall. I put on my uniform and walked out of my room. But as soon as my door was closed and I saw him out of the living room window leaning against his car, I couldn't bring myself to move I felt like someone froze my body in this spot. Even though I was so scared I still couldn't help but to be attracted to him. His uniform fit perfectly hugging his body. His hair looked perfect. He looked perfect.

As soon as he noticed me the fear all came back, he smiled so big, it seemed so sincere. He waved me over and tapped his watch. I took a deep breath and walked out of the house to him, but as I got closer to him the closer I came to tears, by the time I was next to him tears lining my eyes, he saw this and took me into his arms hugging me tight, as he did this I felt my body go stiff.

"Don't cry" he whispered to me rubbing my back "we are happy we are so happy remember, I love you"

I put my arms around him to make him happy and he squeezed me tighter as he repeated 'I love you!' Through his teeth angrily. My mouth felt like a desert, like someone stuck 100 cotton balls on it. I took a deep breath and whispered

"I love you too"

***********************
(AUTHORS NOTE)
Hi! I know this chapter might of been a little slow but it was all about character and plot development, thanks for reading xoxoxo

Picture above is what I imagine Ireland looking like.