Chapter Six

Having her things packed Raven waited outside next to the carriage, her mother softly sobbing on her father's shoulder. Her little brother, Robin, was just under 5 years old and didn't quite grasp what was going on. Even Victor looked as though he may weep as he held a crying Luna. No one in the household was happy.

"Mother? Father? Please stop, I can't bear to see you like this, I shall be fine, it's just another adventure." Raven spoke these words not knowing if she was trying to convince her parents or herself.

Victoria moved away from her husband and embraced Raven, "I love you my little treasure, never forget us."

Saying this, Victoria removed a small locket from around her neck and handed it to Raven.

"So you will always have us with you." She spoke softly.

Raven held the locket and opened it, inside there were two pictures: one was of her parents on their wedding day, the second was the family portrait they had done some months ago. Raven looked at her parents then, her eyes beginning to water.

"I love you all and I shall write as soon as I reach my new home."

The three embraced, said their final goodbyes, and Raven got into the carriage. As the horse drawn carriage drove off, Raven looked behind her, looking at her house for the last time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Many hours had passed, looking at the world outside, Raven gazed in awe at the many leaves. Fall had come and the trees were just losing their foliage. All the beautiful autumn colors made Raven more optimistic for the journey ahead.

Opening the locket for probably the thousandth time, she sighed and stroked the pictures, the silver shining in the last few hours of sunlight left in the day.

It was early evening when they arrived. The sun had set and what Raven saw in front of her was the most beautiful place she'd ever seen. It was so large one might call it a castle, black stone glimmering of the torches that lined the walls had Raven speechless. The carriage door opened to reveal Mr. Masters, a smile on his face as he offered his hand. Raven respectfully took it and hopped out of the carriage.

"Hello Miss Raven, nice to see you again, if you'll be so kind as to follow me this way, my master wishes to meet you as soon as possible."

"Ah so I will meet this master at last." she spoke.

"Do tell me about your master, Mr. Masters."

Giggling at the irony in her words, Raven walked with him into the manor. He chuckled softly.

"Yes my cher I laugh at that too, quite often."

He smiled and led her to a small sitting room, there in the small room was a long sofa, two small tables, an old clock, and a tall statue of a woman. Raven glanced at the statue with wonder.

How lovely

I wonder who she is?

She's beautiful

Raven's thoughts on the statue, she didn't notice the small glass of wine Erik had poured for her, which she took gratefully.

"If you'll excuse me I shall let the master know you are here, please take a seat, I shall return shortly."

He left the room and the only sound you could hear was the dripping of water.

Wait, water?

Raven glanced outside to see it was raining quite hard, thunder and lightning soon struck, lighting up the room a bit more. Looking at the statue again Raven seemed transfixed on the eyes, wondering what color they would be if she were real.

Suddenly the candles keeping the dimly lit room illuminated went out. Panicking in the dark Raven turned around as another bolt of lightning struck outside, lighting up the room revealing a dark figure with bright red eyes.