Flowers in the Cave

Hey guys! So this weeks genre is... *drum roll*.... Werewolf! :D I personally prefer werewolves over vampires, but i'll find a vampire book next week so we're all even :) Anyways, so the book I found this week is called 'Taming the Darkness' and it's by TrieuTriTrinh. I DID have an interview with her, so here it is! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julia: So, TrieuTriTrinh, what would you like me to call you during this interview?

TrieuTriTrinh: Veronica or Vero- whichever works better for you 

Julia: Okay, so today we will be talking about your book 'Taming the Darkness' could you give a brief description of it for the readers?

Vero: It's a book about immortality, the drive to get what you want, love that makes you act like a child and life changing decissions. 

Julia: Cool, and how did you come up with the title?

Vero: There's a tight connection between the main female character, Celeste Nocte, and the title. It also comes from trying to come to terms with the dark side inside all of us, but most of all, inside theperson we love. A song that can portray this is Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson (it's on my playlist for this book because I feel it expresses perfectly Celeste's feelings )

Julia: Awesome :) So what inspired you to start writing this book?

Vero: I've always had this idea circling my head- what if immortality was not the happy ending everyone dreams of? what if the theories we have on how the world came to be were all one big story? What inspired me were the moon, the night and Greek mythology. Also, I was tired of the werewolf boys who became Alphas without any hard work and rejected their mates without good reasons- so I made my story centred more around him and his journey to achieve what he wishes, his road to 'maturity' if I may say so.

Julia: Ah, sweet :) Have encountered any problems with writing it yet?

Vero: I've never been good at expressing feelings or being funny so those take quite a lot from me when I write- I'm also a perfectionist so I tend to ponder for a long time on them. Also, at first I didn't have the motivation to write, lazing around is my favourite sport, but I recently found that I love the spark I see in people's eyes after they read my story and discover the hidden meanings of my words.

Julia: Well, from what I've read so far you're doing a great job :) I'm not sure if you've introduced all the characters yet, but who's your favorite so far, and why?

Vero:  Well, if I had to choose, I would say Celeste because she is the most complex of all. I can't really tell more without spoiling the surprise but let's just say that she really has HISTORY- yes, in capitals. I just hope I will be able to portray this well during the story and that the readers will be interested to discover more and more about her with each chapter!

Julia: Very intriguing. Last question, what would you like your readers to take away from the book?

Vero: I would love it if, after reading my book, they will think more about the fact that nothing is as it looks, about changing oneself for the person you love and accepting their flaws, but what I'd really like them to take away from my book is the concept of eternal love and working to get it!

Julia: Sweet, thank you for your time :)

Vero: And I thank you for interviewing me!

Julia: No problem! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you like what you've heard...erm...read, then I highly suggest you go read it! ^.^ Like I said earlier, vampire will be next weeks genre, so if you have any vampire books and would like to be featured next week, feel free to leave a comment below telling me about it! Until next time...

~WhiteAngel01