8

I found out where Jaxon went to school. It was pretty easy. On Monday when he went back to school I followed him. I know it sounds creepy, but in human form it looked like I was just another kid going to school.

I kept my distance from him. When he went through the double door entrance of a secondary school 1km away from his house, I waited five seconds then went in myself.

I wasn't exactly in my nicest clothes or even wearing mascara but somehow I still caught Jaxon's eye before he turned a corner. When his eyes met my actual eyes I couldn't breathe.

He had blue eyes. His hair was dark chocolaty mess. His skin was olive toned and his lips were light pink. Seeing him in color was something else. I mean his eyes are brilliantly blue. I couldn't stop looking at him.

He was looking at me too. Of course this led to me blushing and turning away. It sucks feeling not pretty enough. It's so stupid, but I still feel it.

My tumultuous emotional fit was interrupted by the school secretary. "Excuse me miss, are you new?" I looked at her. She was wearing an old suit and had wet red curls pulled into a bun. Her beady black eyes weren't menacing, but instilled fear in me none the less.

"Actually yes I am" Why did I say actually? Now I sound like a fake. I am a fake. I just wanted Jaxon that's all.

"Well Nora, your mother signed you in last week. I expect you to show up to school from now on, understood? You may have gotten away with skipping in your old school, but here we'll have none of that. We'll just erase this past week, put it all behind us. I expect excellent attendance if you want to graduate high school."

What the fuck? I'm so lucky. There's a new chick who skips school all the time? This is my time to shine. Except Nora, really? I couldn't have a sexier name? I gratefully took Nora's schedule from the secretary. I glanced at her desk.

"I will try my best Mrs. Green." I smiled awkwardly and took the lock off her desk in my other hand.

She yelled out after me. "Go to the library for your textbooks! Hurry! You're going to be late!" I looked down at my schedule. Nora Witchcock. With a name like that no wonder she skipped school.

My first stop was the ladies room which wasn't really hard to find. It's pretty obvious what it looks like. I shoved myself through the door and reached for a sink.

I looked horrible. I did. I'm not one of those people that's looks okay without makeup. There was a girl beside at the sink. She was putting on eyeliner. I was thinking of ways to steal it before she even spoke.

"Want to use it?" She handed the eyeliner over to me. I smiled at her before lining my whole eye. Now you can see where my eye starts and where skin begins. The blonde girl huffed and handed me an old looking lip gloss. "You need this."

This wasn't very hygienic but you don't understand. I was going to spend time with my mate. In human form. I could cry. Except... I don't know where his classes are. It's not like I want to go to mine.

"Hey, sorry, but do you know Jaxon?" The blonde girl smiled.

"Who doesn't know Jaxon. He has math first block, down the hall from here, room 221." That was easy. Which led me to believe I wasn't the only one pinning after the beautiful boy. Well, none of the other girls mattered. He was mine.

"Thanks." I smiled at her but I'm pretty sure it looked more like I cringed. I brushed my clothes off and headed outside. The clothes weren't flattering. It was some old stuff deep down from Mama's closet that looked like they hadn't been touched in years. A white shirt with purple flowers which I tied at the waist and beige capris with 300 paint stains. 

Also, Jaxon's generic red flip flops. I hope he doesn't notice.

I made my way to room 221. I counted to three, took a deep breath, then entered.

"Hello, can I help you?"