Chapter 20

..::Sally's POV::..

I groaned as I woke up, the ratty blanket under me doing little to protect me from the rocky ground of the cave. I sighed as I sat up, looking towards the guy laying a little bit away from me. Clutching the necklace around my neck, I recalled the last few hours before we came to this cave. 

..::Flashback::..

"I've finally found you Sally." 

My eyes began to fill with tears as I started to run towards the guy, embracing him as tightly as I could. 

Jake hugged me back, whispering soothing words to me as I tried desperately to calm down. "Calm down Sally. I need you to focus. I see you finally shifted, so try to mind-link me." 

I took a few deep breaths before I tried focusing on him. But nothing was happening. 'Aiyana, how do I do this?'

'Try to focus on connecting with his wolf first. Then transmit your thoughts to his wolf. His wolf is the link to him, not his mind.'

I tried as she said, toon feeling his wolf reaching out to me. I mentally grabbed onto that connection before I pushed my thought through the connection. 

'Jake?'

His smile told me I succeeded. "Thank god, Sally. Our pack and Jett's been running wild trying to find you." 

My smile faded as i remembered my current predicament. 'Jake, Kevin is the one. He's the one who took me.'

"Kevin?" 

"Ah, I see you found her." Jake whirled around and pushed me behind, baring his teeth at his former friend. 

"What the hell, Kevin?" 

I shook sightly as Kevin stepped forward, two wolves standing behind him. 

"I don't have a choice Jake. It's either your sister or my mate. And to save my mate, I must sacrifice your sister."

"Kevin, come on! You know better than this. If you come back, we can save your mate together!"

He shook his head. "No, you don't understand. There is something much darker happening than you know. I can't risk my mate dying based on some naive thought that we can save her. I won't betray the guy holding her hostage while her life is in his hands." 

With that said, he shifted to his wolf and leaped to attack, followed by the two wolves behind him. My brother pushed me back before he shifted as well, dodging two of the wolves while grabbing onto Kevin's hind leg and swinging him away from me. I shifted as well when I noticed one of the wolves running towards me. I ducked before snapping out at him. But I missed and the wolf used that to his advantage to turn and bit my front leg. I howled in pain, attempting to run. But I was still new to using four legs and tripped.I turned to the wolf and growled, locking eyes with him. I felt Aiyana push forward and heard her say "Stop!" 

Whether it was outloud or just in my head, I'm not sure,however, the wolf in front of me stopped. "Turn back and go home!" Aiyana commanded. The wolf in front of me twitched before he turned and robotically started his trip home. I felt Aiyana recede and I shook myself off, trying to get my bearings. I turned to see the other wolf that came with Kevin on the ground, unmoving. Jake and Kevin were standing in front of each other, growling and snapping at each other. But it looked as though Jake was winning the fight as Kevin was limping with several bites on his body. 

'Jake, let's go, please?'

He quickly looked over at before nodding. He jumped on last time at Kevin, this time, making sure to bite down on his front leg before pulling on it. I heard a snap and Kevin went down, howls of pain coming from him. Sparing him one last glance, Jake and i both made our way out of the area, trying to put as much distance between us and them. 

..::End Flashback::..

Hours later, we found this cave and fell asleep, letting our wounds heal from the fight. But now I had even more questions for both Jake and Aiyana. Seeing as Jake was asleep, I decided to talk to Aiyana first.