31 The Last Time

Chapter Thirty One - The Last Time

~Heart's POV~

Six in the morning. My head was already fine. Thank you Lord. I felt at peace. My feeling is light right now. Thanks to the power of prayer.

I got up and did my morning rituals, then went to the kitchen. Both of my favorite persons are sitting there having coffee. They didn't make breakfast yet.

'What would you two do without me?' I chuckled and started cooking bacon and eggs.

'Good morning too.' Katy greeted me with a smile.

'How are you feeling?' My brother asked carefully. He stood up and toast the remaining sliced bread.

'Hmm..better than the last night.' I answered convincing myself too. They didn't ask anything after that. Awkward.

I continued my cooking. Katy set up the plates and I served the foods.

'Okay. I'm going to tell you what happened.' I initiated as I sat down on one of the chairs.

'Last night I joined a game wherein I had a partner to work with. Until the last challenge, we had no idea of who were the others as well our own buddy. Then we got the chance to talk with each other after the whole thing. My partner was Vaughn. I know it's surprising but our clients were invited--to state a fact. But there's something weird about what he told me.' I cut then looked at the two. They were listening attentively because they creased their brows when I stopped.

'Hey. You're killing us.' Katy said.

'Alright. Vaughn asked me about my whereabouts from the last time he saw me. Which was ages ago.' I continued slowly.

'You already met each other back then?' My brother asked.

'I'm not sure. That is where the weird thing came up. According to him, he's been looking for me after the nightclub incident. He gave his apology since he didn't told me his name that time. He's asking for a second chance for us to get to know each other.' I ended in a confused tone.

'Yeah that's odd. Jackson is with you, right?' Katy tried to process the information too.

'Well, I leave out a mini fact.' I confessed.

'What fact?' My brother quickly uttered.

'The truth that, the man who helped me  didn't give me his name...at first. He said it's not important that time. Honestly, I was not sure of his reason. He left me before the police found the room where I was in. Then the man came back. I saw Jackson and I asked for his name again. He told me the answer without blinking.' I stated.

'Wait what do you mean by, after the man came back, you saw it was Jackson?' Katy probed.

'Hmm..I was crying hard the whole time. My vision was blurry even after my saviour left me the first time. Then when he returned, my sight was clear because I had no more tears to push out. He.......OH...MY...Jackson....is...' I suddenly come to a realization.

'...a prick.' We blurted at the same time.

______________________________________________________

~Vaughn's POV~

5 AM. This is insane.

I wiggled on my bed. I'm already wide awake at this hour considering it's Sunday. I can't stop thinking about the truth unveiled last night. I sat on the edge of my bed reflecting.

That's why the first time I heard her voice from our first phone conversation, it sounded familiar. She really is that young lady.

I remembered the little story that Katy had told me. Jackson is the oh-so-mighty savior that Heart believed him to be. That smut face. I'm gonna wipe his face off.