«chapter 1»

Chapter 1

I watched as they giggled from across the lunchroom. It was sickening.

They had been dating for almost a month now. I had no idea what to do. All I could really do was admire him from afar.

His best friend knows about it all.

Louis, his best friend, gave me a sympathetic look from across the room. I swear, everyone knew about my situation except him. How much more oblivious could he get?

He doesn't even know I exist.

Oh, yeah. He could get more oblivious. At least now he's somewhat aware of my presence. Yeah, not really.

Maybe he'll notice me this year.

I've been saying the same things since the sixth grade. Get over it, Niall. He isn't going to notice you. You'll be lucky if he would ever breathe the same air as you.

Maybe I'll actually get my dream come true.

I doubt it.

-

"Welcome, students! Welcome back to Wolverhampton Academy. I suppose you've all gotten your room assignments, yes?" Our head of school, Mr Cowell, asked. Everyone in the crowd nodded their heads.

"Well, first day of the term is tomorrow! You all should head back to your rooms and begin settling in. I hope you all have a magnificent year here at Wolverhampton Academy!"

The teachers dismissed us all from the gym. One thousand-or more-boys that could cause a whole lot of trouble.

Harry Styles, my roommate last year and also my best friend, was quickly at my side. "You think we'll be in the same room again this year, mate?"

"Hard to tell, Haz," I laughed. "I forgot my room number already."

"Well, I'm in 4G. So even if we aren't in the same room, stop by, will you?"

"I will, mate. See you soon?" Harry nodded and disappeared into the crowd.

There are six hundred dorms located in one building on campus. Each floor had twenty-six dorms-letters A-Z in the alphabet. There were twenty-three floors in the building. Dorms 1A through 1Z were located on the first floor, and so on until you reached 23Z. And if I was correct, I was in dorm 23C.

I was right. Our names are listed out in front of the dorm building in alphabetical order. It wasn't very hard to find: Horan, Niall J. 23C.

Most of my luggage had already been brought inside the building and placed in front of the door of my dorm. The keys were in a box attached to the door. One of them was already gone, which meant my roommate was already here or had been here. I pushed the door open and hoped for the best.

There wasn't anyone there, but all of his stuff was there. I had no idea where he would be, but I didn't have time to ponder the thought. I had to be moved in soon and go deliver my room number to Harry.

All of my stuff was soon placed about my side of the room. My bedspread, sheets, chargers, and every thing else that was needed was all neatly placed around. I knew it wouldn't stay like that for long. I grabbed my phone from its place on my nightstand and headed out of the room, towards the elevator.

"Harry!" I exclaimed, knocking on the door of 4G. "This is your room, right?"

"Right, mate," Harry says deeply as he opens the door. "Want a banana?"

"Maybe later," I laugh.

"Oh, Niall Horan turns down food? Scandalous."

"Very much so," I agreed, sitting on what I believe is his side of the room. "So, who's the roomie?"

"Some lad named Louis Tomlinson. Ever heard of him?" Harry sits down next to me on his bed, biting into his banana. Did he have that when he opened the door?

"Nah, mate. Not a Tomlinson, anyway," there was a brief silence.

"So who's your roommate?" Harry asks suddenly.

"I dunno. Haven't seen him yet," I sigh.

"You mean you didn't look on the list?"

"There are people who go through the entire list?" I ask, shocked.

"I did," Harry looked hurt.

"Aw, Haz-" I was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Oo, it's the roomie. Let's meet him, shall we?"

•-•

I LIKE THIS STORY. I LIKE THE IDEAS I HAVE FOR IT.

(I actually have no ideas quite yet. I think this story is going to go wherever)

AHHHHH

TALK DERBY TO ME

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN

(25/11/13)

NEWLY EDITED ON:

(20/03/14)