Chapter 11

(11) The Birthday Surprise [edited]

I woke up to the bright sun shining in through the window. I was currently lying on top of Sehun. He had his arms wrapped around me tightly, as if never wanting to let me go.

I smiled and slowly got out of his hold, not wanting to wake him up. I got out of the bed and stretched. I went to open the curtains to the window, letting the light come in.

I played my 'Morning Stretch' playlist and put it at the lowest volume. I began to do my usual stretching routine. I was so into the routine that I didn't even hear Sehun get up.

"Wow. What a view to get up to." He was sitting and leaning onto the bed frame. I got up from the floor (I was doing sit-ups) and went to switch off my iPod.

"How long have you been awake and sitting there?" I went to get a face towel and wiped the sweat away.

"Long enough to see the sexy side of you when you were stretching." He smirked and I threw my wet face towel at him. It hit bullseye on his face and I laughed.

I got a towel from the closet and took a spare change of clothes. I went to open the door and used my telekinesis to bring Sehun close.

We were so close and he was about to kiss me when I used my telekinesis to push him out of the door while creating a force field for myself so that I can get to the washroom easily without him coming near me.

I locked the door immediately and dropped the force field. I stripped down and switched on the cold water tap. I took a quick shower and got out.

I went back into my room after I had changed into the spare clothes. I blew my hair dry and tied it up in a messy ponytail. My nerdy glasses were back in place and I walked out.

The boys, were as usual, sitting in the living room, watching ... Pororo? Isn't that a kids cartoon? What the heck? I shook my head and went into the kitchen.

We had egg sandwiches, fruit smoothies and fried bacon for brunch since it was already mid-noon and we didnt have breakfast.

We played around with our food and got to know more about each other's powers:

Xiumin - frost, making food out of plain ingredients
Luhan - telekinesis, making girls melt with his innocent face
Kris - flight, calmness
Suho - water, spreading mother love (please don't ask me what's this)
Lay - healing, forgetfullness
Baekhyun - light, aegyo baby
Chen - lightning, making people melt at his high notes
D.O - beast power, hypnotizing
Chanyeol - fire, beatboxing
Tao - time control, wushu skills
Kai - teleportation, sexy dance skills
Sehun - wind, coldness
James - memory unlocking, mind reading
William - mind control
Joo Young - flashback reader and memory reading

I had multi-powers so it was really hard to list them all out. I was going to turn 118 in two days but none of them knew that. Our manager knew about it and he had given me permission to find some place to stay on that day when my powers came.

Hopefully the manager doesn't tell any of them.

~*~*~*~*~*

"Raechelle! You can't go!"

"No! You must stay!"

"Where are you going? Don't leave us!"

I frowned as they held onto my arms and didn't want to let go. It was the day of my birthday and of course they didn't knew about that.

Sehun pulled their hold on me and held onto my hand. "I'll follow her to wherever she goes. Don't worry, just prepare dinner." We bid everyone goodbye and then got out.

"Sehun, you can just leave me here. I'll go to the mall alone. I know you guys don't like shopping." I smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Like you're going to the mall. Have you forgotten that James can read minds? He told me what you were thinking." He grabbed onto my arm and held on tight.

I frowned and followed him to wherever. He took me the company car and we went for a ride. We went for a drink at one of the nearest bubble tea shops and drove around the area for a while more.

It was 5pm when we left and it was now 8pm. Sehun parked the car in front of the SM building and our managers helped us in the building.

The whole building was surrounded with EXO banners and protests on more members. I felt a pang in the chest when I saw and read the ones with cursed words.

We got in safely and were back into the dorm. I was about to switch on the lights when all fifteen of them pushed a cart containing a cake with lit candles on top out into the living room.

They were singing and clapping and I was at the verge of tears. I then noticed that the others sunbaes had made their appearances too. SNSD, Super Junior, TVXQ, f(x), Tasty and Shinee were all here. No managers were around and that made me smile.

I blew the candles on the cake as tears fall from my face. I thank and kiss each and everyone of the boys on their cheeks. They knew what this meant for me and when I was gonna change.

We were partying and I had lots of conversations with the other sunbaes. I brought up the subject of the protest banners and they all said to not worry as the fans can't do anything.

I believed in them and excused myself to find the others. I looked to my watch and saw it was 11.45pm. At 12am, my powers will fully come to me and it would be a horror scene then.

It seems like the sunbaes knew about what was going to happen, so they excused themselves with lame excuses and went back to their own dorms at 11.50pm.

We cleaned the dorm in less than five minutes and they brought in a large anti-break glass/plastic box that was taller than me and wider than me. There was a door and I opened it, stepping inside.

I knew what this was. It was to protect others from us when our powers come. Power summoning is a horrifying scene and it can cause a lot of people to suffer shock.

But luckily they had ordered a hand-made one from EXO Planet with curtains and blinds, which would help a lot. It was a long process and I couldn't wait to get started.

I got in and they pulled the blinds down. I inhaled and exhaled a deep breath. I sat there and waited. Hopefully they ordered a sound-proof one.