s t o r y t i m e

S n o w had started to fall instead of rain. The clouds has cleared slightly, making the snow look incredibly white.

Belle rushed to the living room, hoping to start a fire and later make hot chocolate, only to find Damon and Stefan already awake, Damon starting the fire.

"Oh, hello." Belle said.

"Belle, this is my brother Damon." Stefan said with a slight laziness to his voice.

"Hello." Damon stood and held out his hand. He slightly winked at Belle.

"Oh, hello." Belle played along, knowing they were only supposed to be just meeting. "I'm Belle."

"Beautiful." Damon remarked, and she smiled.

"Well, since you already started the fire, I am going to make hot chocolate. Would you like cinnamon on yours?" Belle started to ask.

"Don't make me one." Stefan said. "Since Damon is here, I am going to head into town to get more food."

"Alright." Belle didn't question him, even though deep down she had a feeling she should.

Stefan left quickly, and didn't bother to put on a coat. Belle turned to the kitchen and started to make the hot chocolate.

"I never had cinnamon on my hot chocolate." Damon said, watching Belle make the hot drink.

"It's delicious," Belle replied. "My father used to always make it like that for me, especially when I wasn't feeling well. He used to call it la récupération de la chaleur."

"What does that mean?"

"The heat recovery, or the healing of warmth." Belle said, pouring cinnamon into the mugs.

She handed him one cup, and held the other with both hands. They returned to the living room, and sat on the couch.

"Tell me more." Damon said.

"Tell you more about what?"

"Your life."

"Its quite boring." Belle said. "A huge portion of it is reading." She got an idea. "If you tell me about your life, I'll tell you more about mine."

"My life?" Damon asked, sipping the chocolate. "My life will take all day."

"I obviously have time." She said. She took her shoes off and crossed her legs onto the couch, something her mother would've called "unladylike".

"Well, I'm the older brother of Stefan." Damon began. "We used to be very close as brothers, and I wasn't very close to my father. I don't know what was wrong with him, but he always acted like I was a disappointment. My mother died when I was younger. When the war happened, I joined, but returned home, to reunite myself with my best friend and brother. And then this girl came, and I fell in love. She tricked us both, Stefan and me."

"This girl," Belle interrupts. "She was the monster?"

He smiled a little. "Yes, she was the monster. I was so in love that I drank her blood without persuasion. By the way, this hot chocolate with cinnamon is delicious. The thing is, if you die with the monster's blood in you, you become a monster yourself. It's a lot more complicated than that, but I'm not going into full detail at the moment. Anyway, we have to drink human or animal blood to survive."

"Why do you seem normal?"

"I've told you enough." Damon said. "You tell me about you."

"I'm a lot less interesting." She said, but Damon only laughed. "When I was eight my mom died, now it's only my father and I. All I do throughout the day is read, or go through the town and go to town meetings." She paused. "Well, until now."

"Why don't you leave?" Damon asked.

"He saved my life." Belle stood and went to the kitchen to wash her mug. "And I don't know. Maybe this is a new opportunity, to have an adventure."

Damon followed her into the kitchen.

"You are odd." He said.

"Very much so." Belle replied, and they shared laughter.

"So, this "girl" that you were absolutely so in love with, where is she now?" Belle asked as her curiosity got the better of her.

Damon shook his head. "I told you enough. I've only just met you."

"That's very true." Belle said, trying her mug with a rag. "Did she have brown, curled hair?"

"How did you know that?" He asked, almost dropping the mug.

"I found a picture of her in Stefan's bedroom when he screamed at me." She said. "She's beautiful, by the way. I understand why you loved her."

Belle reached up to place the cup in a cupboard and Damon took the towel.

"What is her name, at least. Otherwise I'll just call her the "Miss Monster"."

Damon laughed again. "I like that. No, her name was Katherine."

"Beautiful." Belle said.

Damon reached to place the mug in the cupboard, but Belle stopped him.

"You know what, Damon Salvatore?" She asked, looking at his still dirty cup. "You did a terrible job. Have you ever cleaned a dish before?"

Damon rolled his eyes slightly and let the girl take over.

Sorry for the long wait. I am not going into full detail, but this took a while especially with my busy schedule.

Vote
Comment
Share