e m p t y b l i s s

S h e awoke with a headache and a pain in her neck. She was definitely no longer in the trees, in the Salvatore house. She was home, in Mystic Falls, her own bedroom.

She sat up weakly. Noises came from the next room, which she assumed was her father.

Quietly, Belle walked to the kitchen, her kitchen. Her father was attempting to cook, failing miserably.

"Are you sure you're cooking it right?" Belle asked, making her father jump in surprise.

"You're awake!" He cheered, hugging her. "I have been so worried, but no one believed to me that you were missing. Tonight is the ball, and you made it just in time for that. Oh, and I was attempting to cook..."

"What happened?" She asked, interrupting her fathers rambling.

"I don't know exactly, dear." He replied. "It was yesterday, all I heard was a knock, and you were laying on the ground in front of the house unconscious. You've only been asleep since then."

She nodded, confusion echoing her brain. She didn't remember what happened, all she remembered was running through the trees during a storm. Her brain was searching for memories, but none were to be found. How long has she been unconscious?

"How long was I missing for?" She asked.

"A month and a half, almost." Her father replied. "Come, dear, sit on the couch. You're far too weak to be up quite yet. If by the end of the night you're feeling better and stronger, we could go to the ball if you'd like."

Belle just nodded. She didn't know what "ball" he was talking about, but assumed it was a founders ball. Her brain felt empty, that's the only way to explain it.

So, for the rest of the day, Belle laid on the couch in a daze, searching for memories that weren't there; her father cooked and cleaned, but with a smile.

Belle regained strength fast, which was odd considering the amount of days she assumed she was unconscious for. It didn't make very much since to Belle, she was a curious person.

It was nearly sunset when Belle spoke.

"Father, we should go to the ball." Belle said. "I have mother's old dress, remember?"

Her father wasn't taken aback by her, he knew very well his daughter was awfully stubborn and very strong. He knew she would want to go.

"Of course. When you're ready, we will go."

Belle kissed him on his cheek and went into her bedroom to get ready.

Her mother had left Belle a dress, a beautiful pink dress that she had worn when she was Belle's age. It was only worn once, when her mother met her father. Since then, it had sat in the closet. And, when her mother died, it didn't move.

It didn't take very long, but by the time they left, the sun was nearly all the way down. Snow scattered the towns ground, and Belle was sure she would slip if she walked any faster in her heels.

She entered the ball with a beautiful aura. Everyone seemed to look at her, but quickly looked away. She was stunning. Instead of being the outside girl, the girl who reads books instead of watching boys, the girl who just went missing, the girl who wasn't classified as beautiful, was the most beautiful girl in the room.

Her father disappeared to talk to the other adults, and Belle made it to the center of the room without talking to anyone.

"Isabella May Arquette." A voice said behind her.

Belle turned around to see a man with blonde hair, familiar but not quite.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" She asked.

"You used to." The man stated. "I'm Stefan. You don't remember me."

"I'm sorry I don't remember you. I can't remember a lot, really." Belle said, smiling.

"May I have a dance?" Stefan asked, bowing a little as a proposal.

"You may."

Stefan took her hand and brought her to the center of the dance floor. His hands were unusually cold, but Belle didn't mind.

They danced, twirling and moving to the beat of the music. People joined around them, beautiful girls with handsome boys, and a group of young children dancing around and running.

She had moved her head into the crook of his neck, him resting his head on hers, and swayed to the music.

They didn't say much. In fact, they barely spoke at all.

"I'm sorry." Stefan whispered into Belle's hair.

But Belle didn't hear.

Comment what you think! If anyone has any ideas, because I'm having a slight writers block (as you can tell by this terrible writing), pm me.

Gif above made by the amazing -Bamon

Comment
Vote
Share!