h o m e s i c k

A l t h o u g h being with the Salvatore brother's was her adventure, Belle hadn't been feeling well. She missed walking around town, avoiding girls who wished to talk about how Belle got her hair to be the way it was; she missed dancing around with her father and laughing; she was homesick.

This was Belle's reason for lying in bed all day. She didn't cry, not a single tear, but instead stared at the ceiling and taking small naps. She refused to eat, didn't use the restroom, and didn't even get dressed. Instead, she chose to close the blinds and dream.

She walked around town, like it would've been before. Three girls in pink dresses waved to Belle, but she continued walking down the crowded street.

Belle smiled, skipping along. Usually she'd have a book in hand, but she didn't question why. She was far too busy enjoying the morning mist and light blue sky.

"Hello." A voice cooed, an arm wrapping around her shoulders.

Belle didn't even have to look up to see a familiar face, knowing the voice that would usually make her roll her eyes and leave, but then, she only smiled.

"Hello, Gaston." Belle said to the man.

Gaston was the handsome man that everyone happened to swoon over. Belle was the only one who seen him as too cliché and too arrogant, never truly liking him, but never truly hating him either.

Gaston had started to say something, Belle not looking up at him but watching the people of Mystic Falls walk through the streets. He stopped walking, making Belle stop.

"What's wrong?" A different voice asked.

Belle finally looked up at the man, realizing that instead of Gaston, who she knew was there a moment ago, stood Damon.

Suddenly, Belle knew what happened. Her smile disappeared.

"It's only a dream, isn't it?" She asked.

Damon nodded, and the people faded away. The once busy and light streets were now empty and lifeless.

"Why can't you let me be happy in my dream?" She asked, sitting down in the middle of the street.

"I wanted to know what's wrong. You haven't spoken to me in days, and you haven't left your room since this morning. I need to talk to you." Damon explained.

"What do you need to talk about?"

"Stefan is getting weak, only feeding on small animals. Now that it's winter, there are barely any animals out. I'm scared for him." He paused. "But I'm more scared for you. You need food as much as we need blood."

"I just, I miss my family. My friends." Belle said in a breath. "I... I wish that this wasn't a dream."

No more words were said, Damon embracing Belle in a well-deserved hug.

She woke to her door opening, consciousness drenching upon her like a leech draining away happiness.

She expected it to be Damon, there to talk about the dream, but instead stood Stefan.

A simple "hi" escaped him as Stefan closed the door.

"Hello?" Belle replied in more of a question rather than a statement.

"I realized you haven't been feeling well, and I, um," he started.

He handed her a bowl of warm soup, and sat in the rocking chair next to the bed.

Belle sat up, and stared at the man. She didn't see much of the monster in him anymore, and it had only been a couple weeks, maybe a month. The monster was still there, of course, but he suppressed it when he's with her.

She placed the bowl on the side table, and rolled up her nightgown sleeve.

She placed her arm in front of him, motioning him to feed off her.

"What are you...?" Stefan asked, closing his eyes and breathing deeply.

"As a thank you." She said. "You're weakening, you need blood." After another moment of silence, she added, "Stefan, I'll eat the soup if you'll drink my blood."

He stared at her, and she couldn't make out what expression his eyes had.

"Okay." Was all he said, before digging his fangs into her wrist.

Comment what you think!

Vote
Comment
Share