85

as my mom kisses my cheek and hugs me tightly, she placed her hands on my face, whispering softly before a tear escapes from her cheek.

"have a fun eighteenth, baby."

"thank you, mom," i cheerfully say as i move on to hug my dad, before he hugs me, he swears.

"if derek pulls any shit i'm going to book the fastest ever fucking flight to california and whoopin' his ass, okay?"

"okay," i chuckle as he smiles.

"but i'm dead fucking serious, sophie. let me say the ground rules. no sex, no kissing, no touching, no sleeping in the same bed-"

"i think she understands, liam," my mother rolls her eyes before my dad opens up the trunk to give me my black suitcase. i take it, before waving.

"i'll text you when i get there, okay? love you both!"

"okay, bye sweetheart!"

"sophie!" my dad barks.

"i know, dad!"

as i continue to wave behind me, i walk past the sliding doors into the airport.

once i've done my suitcase check, got checked for weapons and drugs and all the jazz- it took forever, so i go to some gift shop to see if i could buy could buy derek something.

entering, two girls whispered to eachother while eyeing me, making it obvious. as i look in their direction, i stare back at them and give a face like why the fuck are you staring at me for?

"you stole derek from us!" a girl with blonde hair and braces yells at me, making me cock an eyebrow.

her shy friend nods, agreeing with her.

"ha, you're funny," i pluck up a keychain that said #1 cali babe.

"he wasn't yours to begin with." i slyly mouth.

as i strolled over to the register, the girls followed behind me, screeching nasty stuff.

"whore!"

"jack dumped you for madison fucking beer! she's way prettier than your ass!"

"you bitch!"

"go send nudes to someone else!"

"derek is way better than you!"

"i'm better for him than you!"

"you're such a fucking nasty ass hoe!"

passing the money over, i snatch the keychain up, turning around to them. "not only are you guys like what, fucking ten, but you guys are acting like ten year olds too. maybe instead of listening to dumbass rumors or having dumbass opinions, maybe pay attention to what's infront of you. pay attention to yourself because you're sure as hell not me, nor my family hell, derek and i aren't even dating yet. you're dismissed."

i walk away.