Prologue

There is one thing I learned about life.

Life sucks.

My life has been nothing but darkness, complete and utter fiddlesticks.

I have learned to be able to be there for myself, and not depend on others for my own misery. People might be all goody-two-shoes infront of you, but when you start drowning, no one will be there to be you're lifeguard.

No one has ever been actually 'there' for me. I have always been left alone. Not even my own parents care for me the way they care for my elder brother and sister. For them I am a 'disgrace and unwanted child' because of the way I act. Especially after that incident, I didn't care for anyone except myself, since people acted the same way towards me. Why should I care for them if they don't care for me? Frick.

I know I have made mistakes, but I've always seen and read in movies and novels that people tend to forgive others no matter what they have done. My life has been the complete opposite. I begged for forgiveness, which I had never been granted.

So from then onwards, I promised myself that no matter where I went, what I did, I'd never take anything for granted again.

Today is not another normal day for me. The only difference is that I woke up at 7 AM instead of 2 PM. Why you ask? Because today is the day i'll be going to College.

Yes, College. To me College is a way to start over, forget all the past memories and try to move on with my life. To be able to focus more on myself and my studies, and become a successful person in future. I'll need no one in my life, just like no one needs me.

Right now I am in my room, shuffling and rattling things so that I know that I have everything I need for today. I have already chosen my outfit that I'll be wearing today. Black ripped jeans, along with a black Tank top that comes along with a Plaid shirt. I choose black short heeled ankle boots for my footwear. Its a casual wear, I know. But It works for me so I'm chill with it.

It is 7:15 AM right now and I have to be in College around 8 AM. It is almost a 20 minute drive from my house so I need to hurry up. I have already taken a shower, and brushed my teeth. All I need to do is wear my clothes and do my hair.

I do just that. I have worn my clothes and now am standing infront of my dressing table. I brush out my hair and leave them down my shoulders. I have naturally wavy hair and I like it that way so I don't feel the need to style it.

At last, I pick up my bag and put in the last minute things into it, such as my keys, wallet, phone, mouth freshner and my pack of cigarette. Why am I taking a pack of cigarettes to College on my first day? Well, because I got into smoking after that incident. I got with some bad company, and that led me to smoke. I can't stop it no matter what I do so I keep smoking. It makes me 'feel good' for once.

I take one last glance in the mirror and leave my room.

I could hear the voices of my mother and father coming from the kitchen. I usually try to avoid them as much as possible but my stomach is rumbling right now and I'm really hungry so I make my way into the kitchen to grab an apple or something.

"Honey! You're awake." My mother chirps, who seems to be in a good mood. She's never nice to me,but sometimes she seems to tolerate my presence which is good enough for me.

"Yeah." I dryly reply without looking up at her and open up the fridge to find something.

"So are you ready for your first day of College?" My Dad questions me with a smile.

I really didn't know why they were acting this way towards me or anything but I sure as hell wasn't falling for it. I knew them better than this.

"Yeah." I simply respond. I finally find an apple and take a bite out of it.