Chapter 06

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

"Spongebob Squarepants!"

 Absorbant and yellow and porous is he! 

"Spongebob Squarepants!" 

I could hear Jade's feverish voice from the living room, singing along to the theme song to Spongebob Squarepants, as I was coming out of the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn for her. And boy did she sound exceptionally beatific about it.

I stood by the living room door and looked at the child who was basically bouncing on the couch from excitement. I let out a low chuckle and went to sit beside her with the popcorn bowl still in hand.

"Seems like you enjoy watching Spongebob, eh?" I quirked an eyebrow at her as I set the bowl infront of us on the coffee table.

"So much! He's my favourite!" She chirped with her eyes still on the T.V.

"Good for you then." I smiled up at her and popped a popcorn into my mouth.

Half an hour later, Jade and I had finished watching T.V and had cleansed the bowl of popcorn infront of us. I let out a sigh as I got up from the couch and made my way to the fridge to get a bottle of water.

Ofcourse, Jade followed.

"You want some water too?" I asked her.

"Yeaaahh.." She replied dully.

I opened the cap for her and passed her the bottle of water. She took two, three gulps before returning the plastic container back to me.

I then drank the remainder of water and sat down on the chair right beside the counter.

"Do you want something else to eat or drink, Jade? I could get it for you." I questioned as I picked on the flower vase infront of me.

"Well...I would like to have some ice cweam.." She nervously said looking at her toes.

"Ice cream? Lemme check if we have some in the freezer."

I got up from the chair and opened up the door to the freezer, there were a lot of packets of different products packed up inside of it, so it was kind of hard to locate the container of ice cream. It took me a good couple of minutes to look through the entire area but I didn't find the repository for the frozen dessert.

I turned back with a frown to Jade, and told her I didn't find it. Her eyes immediately filled up and the corners of her lips went down, I figured she was about to cry, so I immediately got an idea.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't cry little thing. We'll go out to buy some, is that okay with you?" I cheered in a crouching position next to her.

She sniffed a couple of times and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands and nodded. the sight was enough to melt my heart. I grinned at her and scooped her up in my arms and got up from the floor.

There was the hint of a smile on her face now so I took that as a good sign and made my way up the stairs.

"Where are we going?" She intoned.

"Oh I'm going to get some money, you don't get ice cream without money you know?" I winked, which made her giggle.

 I smiled and made my way to room. Sure enough I found my wallet and cell phone on the bedside table, so I quickly sat Jade down on my bed and got both items. I picked up my coat from the stand in the corner of the room and pulled it on. Once I was done, I reached out my hand for Jade to hold and made my way out of the room.