Sticks and Stones may Break my Bones... Pt 2

I felt something sharp prodding at my leg. I wanted to say ‘Ow’ but I couldn’t move my jaw, it felt quite stiff and taut. Actually, most of my body felt stiff and taut. Even though my eyes were already closed, I could tell there was a bright light aimed at me and it was quite bothersome, so I clenched my eyes tighter shut. A wave of distant aches and pains poured over me, coming from every pore of my body. I managed to make a moaning sound from the back of my throat, whining in protest to the pains. As I moaned the sharp prodding stopped, waited, then continued again. My stomach felt sick, my head hurt, and I could barely catch enough breath. What happened? I thought. Then I remembered what happened. A cold passed through my spine, but I didn’t shiver, my muscles were already too tensed for that. The prodding was getting sharper and more annoying. I groaned in my throat, hoping that maybe if I did so the prodding would actually stop.

                     “Alesha? Are you awake?” I heard a deep voice ask. The voice sounded very familiar but I couldn’t figure out who it was- it sounded distant and a little bit far off, like someone standing at the end of a hallway was whispering to you. I slowly forced open my eyes, the light being quite blinding, and looked around me, squinting. A large, dark brown shape was looming in my main of vision, blocking out a decent amount of the light, yet I still couldn’t distinguish what the figure was. I felt something lay heavily right next to the left of my head and heard a metallic clicking echo distantly from it. I tried opening my jaw again and was able to manage forcing it slightly ajar, but with much energy draining effort. I heard a small whining sound emit from my mouth before it snapped itself back tightly shut like a bear trap. The figure loomed closer to me and I felt something running smoothly through my dark, thick hair. I remembered that I didn’t like being touched and shied slightly away from whatever was in my hair, assuming that whatever it was had something to do with the figure.

                     “Thank god you’re finally awake. What the hell happened to ya, kid?” I could detect a large mixture of emotions in the deep voice; relief, anger, exhaustion, curiousity, and a many number of other things that my foggy head still couldn’t wrap itself around. I let my eyelids flutter, trying to blink out the tears that were caused by the blinding light. My surroundings were starting to come to a little bit more; I saw a tint of red and green in the looming figure, blocks of white and dark blue in something behind the green and red figure, blocks of colours posted on white walls… I also noticed that whatever I was laying on felt…cushy. Weird….. last thing I remember lying on was the cold hard ground. I guess I was moved at some point…. The red and green figure leaned in close to my face, so close I could taste the hot breath that radiated from it, and the taste wasn’t exactly a pleasant one.

                     “Alesha? Can you talk or what?” My vision getting clearer and clearer, I noticed some details on the figure- it was wearing something on it’s head, it had dark eyes, and looked a lot like someone I knew…. Then the realization that it was Freddy Krueger burst through the walls of fog that clouded my mind and I almost wanted to slap myself for not seeing it before. I stiffly shook my head “no” at him in reply to his question. He breathed an annoyed sigh in my face. I saw his eyes move in a way that suggested he was looking me up and down.

                     “Well, you look pretty fucking beat up, kid. What the hell happened? You get in some MMA fight or something?” I stared at him, wishing I could give him an answer- I could hear that his voice was particularly strained with worry. I don’t know why he’d worry about me, I was just another human teenage girl, after all. I felt the prodding at my leg tighten then suddenly stop. The dark blue and white blocked figure suddenly grew a lot taller and moved closer to my face. I could tell its face was pure white and the rest of it was a dark blue. It stared at me for a moment, tilted its head, then reached at my face, taking my face in its hands and gently turning it side to side, still staring carefully at me. I looked questioningly Freddy- he was watching the figure very intently. It stopped turning my face its hands for a moment, keeping me tilted to the right, then the white face leaned in very close to my own, seeming to be very immersed in staring at the left side of my face for whatever reason. We stayed like that for what seemed like many minutes but was probably only about 15 seconds, then it released my head and stepped away, crouching back down to grab something. I looked quickly at Freddy- he was still watching the figure very intently.