Chapter 7

I raised my eyebrows much higher than they should be and widened my eyes. “Seeing someone ?!” Spencer whispered.

“Oh no…. Don’t tell me…It’s her !” Brendon hissed.

“Oh who’s the lucky gal ?” Abby continued cooing him. It was as if she wasn’t a bit affected by his rejection. She acted perfectly normal ! How the hell could she manage that ?! If it was me, I’d probably make a lame excuse to disappear from him and quietly cry in the car, eating ice cream.

“Her name’s Keltie. She’s great ! I’m really sorry Abby.” He apologized again, smiling sympathetically.
“Oh well she’s got herself a great one ! I wish you guys all the best !” Abby smiled.

“Keltie ?! Seriously ?!?” Brendon scoffed.

“Yeah. We’ve been seeing each other for a while now. I’ve been keeping it down low cause you know, I discovered how possessive our fans could get and I didn’t want her to get unnecessary hate.” Ryan shrugged.

“That’s really nice of you, Ryan.” I smiled sadly.

“Thanks Maggie !” He smiled back.

“So, tell me, what is she like ?” I smiled.

“She’s amazing ! She’s really beautiful. The moment I saw her, I had to run up to her and talk to her. She’s gorgeous. We have a lot in common too !” Ryan smiled and leaned forward. His eyes gleamed. She made him happy.

I hated the thought of Ryan dating someone else. I kept swallowing the heavy lump in my throat. I couldn’t have him date someone else. But the look on his face changed everything. He was happy ! How could I think so ill of someone who makes the most important person in my life happy ?
“I’m glad for you ! She’s really lucky.” I smiled.

Spencer held my hand under the tables.

“But I don’t like her !” Brendon grunted and gulped down his drink.

“Give me one valid reason why ?” Ryan huffed.

“A, she’s dating YOU. B, She’s a bitch.”

“Come one Brendon she’s not a bitch. You don’t know her.” I defended.

“Neither do you ! That party last week, she called me overrated !” He frowned.

“She was drunk ! She probably didn’t mean it !” Ryan defended his new girlfriend.

“Yeah right, I still don’t approve of her.” Brendon played with his now empty glass.

“Give her another chance ! She probably had a bad day and the drink made her say something out of her senses.” I spoke.

Brendon exhaled. “Fiiiine. Only cause Maggie asked to.” He smiled at me.

“You guys would love her. Seriously. She’s the best.” Ryan smiled again. He was so happy ! I never saw him smile that much. I still wished I was in Keltie’s place.

“I’m sure we would.” I smiled at him.
“She sounds GREAT.” Abby joined and looked straight at me. It seemed like she was trying to communicate. She looked perfectly fine but gave me a sympathetic look. Did she know I also liked Ryan ?

After the whole thing got over, everyone hugged each other good bye.

“I’m so sorry Maggs.” Spencer sighed. “I honestly didn’t know, i-"

“Hey ! Don’t be ! I’m fine !” I stopped him.

He looked at me with sympathy. “Good bye, Maggs.” He wrapped me in his ever so comforting hug.