Chapter 3

2007 was a good year. Panic At The Disco was still getting famous with millions of girls fangirling over them. I had turned 19 and was attending University too. After Matt's death, my father was less abusive. He couldn't do anything I guess. He probably felt guilty after the way he treated him. Thankfully, he didn't do anything to my mother. I felt relieved as I would be leaving her alone and I just couldn't leave her with him.

She assured me that if anything happens she would move out immediately. I found a place of my own. A tiny but comfortable apartment using the money I earned as a cashier in High school. I continued to work but now and then, my parents would send me money to help out. I guess Matt's death really affected my dad. It seems like he cared more. He didn't speak properly. He was awfully quiet. But soon, his relationship with my mother became smoother than what it was.

College was hard at first. I didn't know anyone there. I had no friends. Well, I am pretty awkward and have no social skills at all. I remember calling Spencer once and I told him everything. He made sure to cheer me up and would call whenever he was free. I honestly felt like Spencer was my other older brother.

I always talked to Spencer whenever I found the time. Sometimes Brendon would also jump in and talk. Their calls were the best moments of my life that time. They were so interesting. I felt closer to them than my own family. Spencer was absolutely the greatest. I thank God to this day that I got to meet him.

Music was a big part of my life now. It made me create a world of my own filled with art and music. I started listening to different artists and discovered my taste in music was alternative rock or Indie. I no longer found it irritable or noisy but in fact soothing and relaxing. I kept listening to Panic and I watched their videos too. 'I write Sins not Tragedies' was my favourite song. Brendon had turned into a gorgeous perfect human being. I always found that amusing. He no longer wore glasses, his fashion sense improved and his personality became outrageous. But he was still down to earth.

One day, I got an unexpected visit from the boys. I remembering jumping onto them and hugging them.

"Woah ! Looks like little Maggie here missed us !" Spencer laughed

"Of course I did ! You guys !" I smiled hugging him.

"But wait, how did you get my address ?" I asked him.

"We asked your mom !" Brendon smiled happily. "Connections baby, connections." He winked.

"Sweet place." Ryan complimented after looking around. "T-thanks." I smiled blushing lightly. "Hehe, hey Maggie, you doing well ?" He asked, hugging me. I felt like my legs had turned into jelly. Honestly, the smallest touches of affection from someone you admire is more than enough to keep you going. "Good.. What about you ?" I asked, struggling to keep eye contact.

"Pretty great actually." He smiled wider. Ryan had one the most adorable smiles ever. Receiving them is a blessing. "So to keep our little Maggie company, we've come to take her away for the weekend!!" Brendon announced, grabbing me and ruffling my hair. "Woah ! The weekend ?" I asked, pulling away.

"Yes. We're throwing a party and you are number one in our guest list. We'll be needing your help planning it out." Jon smiled. "I am honoured but guys I have a lot of homework to do." Also I really didn't care for parties. I feared them actually. So many people. I would probably stand in the corner and watch them as they slowly lose their dignity and turn into complete animals.

"Screw homework ! You're partying ! It's a part of college life !" Brendon argued.

"Brendon, I can't party ! I suck at partying ! I am a socially awkward penguin for your kind information." I crossed my hands and stood stubbornly.