six: how about tinder

The wind suddenly felt colder than it ever was.

     "It's all because of you, Kiara."

     His fingers were still planted on the keys, spread out flat. His eyes were focussed on it, trying to think of something. Anything. As long as it led to an answer.

     But there was nothing else for him to recollect in his mind.

     "What do you mean?" I asked. "Wh-What do you mean it's all because of me?"

     He turned to face me, hostility flaring in his eyes. "This shit I'm–and Ludwig is–going through is all because of you. I knew it. From that day you saw me at the skate rink . . . it wasn't accidental, was it? You deliberately tried to screw my life over again."

     I couldn't deny it, because it was true and it made sense. I only had one goal when I went to the ice rink that day, and it was to see Dylan. Because of my selfishness, I had awoken the small spirit of Ludwig that still lingered within Dylan.

      This whole situation seemed absurd, but to us it was more complicated than we could imagine.

     "His feelings for you are overpowering. . . because of him I've been getting migraines day and night, remembering things that I didn't even do," he said. "Your so-called lover from hundreds of years ago's emotions are dominating over my own. And I'm so fucking sick of it."

     My lips parted in surprise from his sudden confession.

     From what he was saying, there seemed to be a bit of Ludwig that was definitely still in him. I wasn't sure whether I should be excited or horrified that some dead guy's spirit was partially possessing a teenage boy's body.

     But to be completely honest, I felt a bit of both. Happy that Ludwig wasn't entirely gone, but also sorrowful that Dylan had to go through such painful emotions, which he didn't deserve.

     What he said was reasonable; I was the one who caused this mess, and it was now my responsibility to fix it.

     That's when I realized I shouldn't bring Ludwig or any of his memories back, but I should be fully bringing back Dylan West, and erasing whatever there is left of Ludwig.

     I had to get rid of the remnants of Ludwig.

     All of him, and then Dylan would be free.

     I felt the urge to ask him if I could speak to Ludwig, just for a second, if that was even possible. I longed to hear his voice, but even if he could listen to my voice, I would be satisfied.

     I couldn't do that to Dylan, though. It would make him feel even more of the agony that haunted him for the past few days. I would be only be making it worse, when he wants me to cease his pain.

     I've been selfish enough, and now I had to help, because I had the power to. There was one possible solution I had in mind, and I was sure it would work.

     I reached out, cupping his left hand in my hands. They were ice cold under my warm palms. "I'm so sorry, Dylan. I really am. I'm going to help you fix all this from now on."

     "And how, exactly?" he retorted.

     I had to make Dylan love somebody more than Ludwig loved me.

--

     "Why am I downloading Tinder?"

     It was the next day, and we were at the same McDonald's near my house again. It was becoming our go-to place, and Dylan didn't mind the fries as much as he did before.