Fran: Walk

I set up myself in a small hotel room and sat on the bed. Just sat there. I lay back on the mattress and the springs squealed a bit.

What to do, what to do.

The sun shined through the curtains and I got up, pulled back the red drapes and saw how sunny it'd become.

I was also thinking about accidentally bumping into that blond haired fellow. He seemed way too familiar. I just couldn't place him.

Well, if he lives around here, I may see him again. . .hopefully.

Wait wait wait why am I thinking like that? I just saw this guy.

I decided to just take a walk to clear my head, who knows when another good day like this will roll around. Or half day, because it's almost lunch.

I buttoned up my coat and pulled on some gloves I've gotten from the store next door.

The rain had dampened the snow so it was kind of slushy. I stuck my gloved fingers deep in my pockets and headed out.

There wasn't much people out on the street or in the park, but the sun was shining and the snow was low, but slushy and wet as well. I can see their reason.

The trees look so beautiful in this light, I noticed.

I sat down on a bench that wasn't too icy and kicked at the slush at my feet.

Then I just sat there for a bit, I guess. Not wanting to leave, but wanting to leave because it was getting cold. I got up to start walking back and picked up my pace, wanting to get back to warmth or maybe to find some food.

Wrong idea.

I slipped and fell, hitting my head on the icy ground.

"Ohh" I moaned, putting a hand to my head, that was embarrassing, hopefully nobody noticed.

I heard footsteps approaching and groaned some more, I don't need any help!

"Are you alright?" A guy's voice asked, I opened my eyes, staring into the blue eyes of a shaggy haired guy about my age.

"I'm fine" I managed, trying to sit up, unfortunately, I fell back again, and hit my knee this time.

"Ow!" I exclaimed as I felt a jolt go up my knee.

Finally, I just gave up and sat there, the guy bent down.

"Do you need help?" He asked softly.

"I'm Fine" I repeated.

He looked over me uncertainly, "you sure you don't want me to take you to the hospital or something?"

I gave in, "fine, thank you. .?"

"Michael" he said gruffly while helping me up,

I smiled as he helped me to a cab.

As the driver drove, I rolled up my pant leg, assessing the damage.

I probed around, wincing when my finger hit some spots.

Then I remembered that since he told me his name, I should probably tell him mine.

"I'm Fran" I say casually as he turns his head from the window, focussing in on me.

He smiles and ruffles his hair with his hand. "Don't you know who I am?"

I pull a confused face, "are you famous?"

He laughs, "oh nevermind, you're accent; it's different?"

"Oh I'm from Canada," I say, "eh"

"I'm English," he says in a thick british accent, "con't ye tell?"

I laugh, it seems the ice has been broken.

"Ok, Michael, what do you do?" I ask, "are you in a band?"

"Warm" he says with a smile.

"Guitar?" I guess.

"Colder"

"Drum?"

"Icy icy"

"Singer!"

His eyes light up at that, he nods slowly. "That's cool," I say, "when'd you start singin'?"

He mulls this over, "dunno, four, three years ago?"

I nod, "what's your band's name? Maybe I could get one of your records"

He smiles deviously, "I'm not tellin' you that Franny, you must find us on your own, listen to the radio, you'll hear us" he winks, and we get to the hospital.

He helps me all the way to the hospital, where he hands me over to some nurses, his parting words are;

"Hey, maybe I'll see ya later Fran, hope you feel better!"