3

He flung his fist directly at the my left temple, which I dodged barely and spun around to separate us a little. He came back after me and jumped up, bringing his foot down towards me to kick. I gripped his ankle and pushed him away again. He stumbled back and huffed in annoyance. I flung my fist at him, about to punch, but he dodged and gripped my wrist tight. I smirked as he tried a new move on me. He raised his arm up and was about to karate chop my cheek but I blocked it with my arm. I gripped his elbow and flung him to the side. He pivoted, brining his arms to his side "Alright Jason! Look at you dancing! Dance some more!"

"No way! I don't want to look like a fool!" He ran to me, flinging his fist at me again, which I dodged naturally
"Whoa!" He exclaimed and took a step back "how are you so good at this?" Jason asked, sweat poured down his forehead "I haven't been able to land one punch!"

"I haven't hit you yet either J, we're equal I guess" I wiped my forehead and reached for my water bottle.

"Not quite!" He said quickly and charged straight for me. The bottle was in my mouth when he leapt up in the air. I lifted my foot and caught his leg, he came tumbling down, on me. We both fell to the ground right beside each other. I started laughing like crazy and he joined in.

"Yea" I clutched my stomach "not quite, huh J?"

"Jason!" A low voice called from across the room. Dad stood in his Batman suit and the bat mask was in his hand, a cup of coffee was in the other. Jason and I quickly got to our feet and stood in the middle of the training room "you're suit is all ready, we have our first patrol today"

"Awesome!" Jason pumped his fist in the air and ran after my Father. I felt my shoulders droop slightly. We were in the middle of training and now he has to go.
I screwed the top back on my bottle and followed them. Jason went to go put on his suit and I stood with Dad in the elevator.

"Why don't you ever let me go on patrols with you?" I asked as we descended down the shaft to the cave.

"Cora, we've been over this"

"I know, but-"

"When you're older honey, okay?"

"Jason gets to go and he's only a year older than me" I protested as the doors opened up and let us in to the cave. I spotted a flash of red, yellow, and green jumped behind the computers on the wall but chose to ignore it. It was just Jason trying to sneak up on his "I know how to fight Dad, I can help"

"You're time will come Cora" Alfred walked out from the hallway and entered the cave. He handed me a cup of steaming hot chocolate "your Father is just trying to protect you. He's even a bit reluctant to bring Master Todd along with him"

I looked down to the floor, still disappointed "I'm sorry" Dad apologized "You're my only child. I gotta keep you safe above all"

I pouted, taking a sip of my drink "okay... but I'm still not happy about it"

Dad chuckled and looked over his shoulder "Hey lets go!" He called to Jason "if you can't suit up quickly here at home base, I'm concerned how you'll handle it in the field"

"Perhaps he's primping?" Alfred walked up to Dad and poured him another cup of coffee "as I recall Master Richards spent half an hour admiring his reflection the first time he dawned his cape"

"That guy was obsessed with his appearance, but not as much as Grayson was" I laughed.

Dad shook my shoulder lightly, letting out a quick chuckle before calling out for Jason again "Jason! Get out here or I'm going on patrol with out you!"
All the sudden, Jason jumped out from behind the computers, decked out in his Robin suit, and scaring Alfred to death. Dad and I weren't startled because we both knew that he was already there hiding.