Chapter One

Tim-

Stay low and pray. That's what Tim thought to himself when he went to school and lurked the halls. To him it was get to class before he is found, pray he'd be left alone during lunch, and hope the way home was safe. Tim's life at school wasn't pleasant at all when the vultures came to pick at his bones.

Ever since he started high school, his social life was basically thrown in the incinerator. Tim had a lot of friends in middle school and was happy. He was considered 'cool' and 'popular', but that changed when he didn't go to the same high school as his friends. That was when he went from one of the alphas to meek prey. But Tim no longer saw himself as a once proud king, he came to learn that his crown was nothing but an imagination.

This was unmarked territory to him, a place where the halls were hunting grounds to the larger hunters in the school. Tim learned that he was a fawn in the eyes of the hunter with a gun. He'd see the car headlights and BAM! One new black eye to add to the collection.

Tim didn't let himself get discouraged by this, not when his weakness in physical strength was bumped up a notch with an iron will. It was his outlook on the future that kept him from being knocked over when it came to his dignity. If his luck was not on his side of the turning tables, he took his punishment.

Tim had a future to look forward to. It was a path he could only guess where it lead, but he had the optimism to continue forth on it. These halls were the paths, the walls being the borders that kept Tim from going astray. Each intersection in the hallways led to an unpredictable outcome, something Tim has learned the hard way.

But sometimes Tim goes the wrong way straight into the hunter's trap and finds himself surrounded by the school's predators at the top of the food chain. Tim would get roughened up a bit and tossed aside like trash on the sidewalk. It was hard for Tim to make do with, but he allowed it to happen so he could get on with his day.

In this school it was mainly the football team that picked on him. Some just used their words to throw cruel insults at Tim, but others were aggressive with their attacks. Their punches were like assaults on his dignity, but the words they'd spit were like acid corroding Tim's senses. Both were unruly to Tim, but made his life all the more difficult.

But there was only one football player who didn't harm Tim. This football player saved him on more than one occasion. Tim wasn't one for mushy crushes, but when Tim heard the name Adam Kenneth, his heart would flutter with thousands of butterflies. Adam Kenneth, the captain of the football team and known for his brute strength. He was like a gentle giant by Tim's opinion. Adam was a large guy, two hundred pounds of brute muscle and... Sexy.

Adam's features were striking. His caramel hair was perfectly silky, his icy blue eyes were orbs that Tim felt like he could gaze into forever. Adam was tall, a foot and a half taller than Tim and was far more muscular. Tim had no muscles he could take note of, but Adam had the build that screamed power. But the one thing that caught Tim and made him tip head over heels was Adam's heroism.

Whenever Adam was there, Tim was safe. Whenever one of Adam's teammates was picking on Tim or worse, if Adam was to run on it he'd break up the altercation and take Tim to the nurse's office if he was hurt. It made Tim wish he could be around Adam more often. He'd give anything to be around Adam more often, but the way he made Tim feel was... Mind boggling.

Tim never knew how to act when Adam was around. Not when he first met Adam and not even now. Adam's mere presence was enough to make Tim stiff like a board. It scared Tim how the man had such an effect on him. Tim wasn't sure if he'd be able to hide his crush if Adam was around him all the time. It would be disastrous if anyone found out about how he felt.