seven

Once Merle had gotten a grip on the pain that Violet had caused, he waltzed into camp, acting all high and mighty.

"You look like you just got the stick lodged up your ass, out by a few inches." Daryl commented when he saw the smirk painted on his brother's face.

"You were definitely going about it the wrong way baby brother. Being Mr. Sensitive and Caring don't work. It's shit. Just gotta go up to her, and get what you want." He boasted.

"Oh you did not put it in her already, I'm calling your bluff." Daryl spat at him.

"No I ain't gotten that far yet. But her lips are as sweet as apple pie and her tits are soft as clouds." He remarked.

"I don't believe you." Daryl spoke warily.

"Go take a look at her. The stick that came outta my ass is probably right up her's now." He laughed.

Daryl ventured further into camp to see Violet sitting with Lori and Carol, looking wide eyed and concerned. The second he laid his eyes on her, he knew his brother wasn't lying. And it pissed him off.

He muttered a slew of curse words to himself before grabbing his crossbow and arrows, stomping off into the forest.

He nailed 10 squirrels, and when he was finally out of anger to fuel him, he made his way back to camp.

The entire group had full bellies because of him, and even with that happy thought, he couldn't shake the unsettling feeling within him.

He was jealous of his brother, furious that he had the opportunity to touch and kiss Violet before he did.

He mentally kicked himself over and over again. Violet's a nice girl, but he ain't catching feelings for nobody.

...

Three days had passed, and everyone was starting to find their place within the group. Violet wasn't a huge fan that the women got stuck with the domestic work, and would rather do anything than clean Ed's dirty underwear, so she invited herself to join Daryl on his next hunting trip, which he wasn't too happy about.

For three days, Violet avoided contact with Merle as much as she could. Merle's a nice enough guy to her, but romantically, nothing was there. But just the thought of the feeling of his lips against hers sent shivers up her spine.

She was starting to mesh well with the group, spending a lot of time with Santana, Andrea, and Amy. But being around so many people after so little exposure initially was overwhelming.

Violet grabbed a bucket and quietly slipped away into the woods, searching for edible berries.

It was peaceful in the woods. They hadn't seen a walker the entire time they were there, and she almost felt safe and at peace.

Of course, Merle had to ruin that, sneaking up behind her. He wrapped his hand around her mouth, and pulled her close to him.

She dropped the bucket and let out a muffled scream.

"Jesus fucking christ, hello would have worked just fine." She snapped at him when he finally moved his hand.

"This ways more fun." He shrugged.

"You're an ass."

"And you're a tease."

"I am not!" She defended herself.

"Let's pick up where we left off a few days ago, sugar tits." He said, his lips landing on the corner of her mouth, in a sort of awkward half kiss.

She moved her head to the side, away from him. "Look Merle, for some odd reason I like your company from time to time. But most of the things that come out of your mouth are offensive, and you have racist tendencies that bother me, and I can't be with someone who-"

"Sweetheart, I ain't asking you to go steady. This is a physical thing. We're humans. We have needs. How longs it been since somebody touched you like this," he said, his hand slowly moving up her torso, towards her chest.

"A-awhile. That's not the point." She started off.

"The point is, we both have needs, and we can fulfill them for each other." She moved his hand off of her as he spoke.

"Merle Dixon, I am not having sex with you." She half laughed.

"My offer still stands. Talk to me when you're feeling more desperate." He said, and then disappeared as suddenly as he came.

Violet's brain felt hazy with what just happened between her and Merle. She sighed and tried to push it to the back of her mind.

She silently moved further into the woods, searching for berries and peace for her mind. Everything going on with Merle confused her. And she knew if Lori and Shane found out about what has gone down between them, the Dixon brothers would be kicked out on their asses. Which she didn't want.

The hum of bugs filled her ears, only to be broken by the sound of twigs snapping. She immediately gripped her knife and approached the area she heard it coming from.

She looked around, seeing nothing. She looked down at the ground, her eyes meeting Shane's. He was shirtless, on top of a topless Lori.

She saw him mouth the word shit to himself as he continued with Lori.

Violet stood there for a second, in shock, heart broken. Her step mother was fucking around with her father's best friend. When she snapped out of her trance, she turned on her heel and ran. She ran as fast as she could back to camp.

When she approached camp she almost collided with Dale

"Geez Violet, why were you running so fast, did you see a walker?" He asked, concerned.

"No. No. I just like running." She spoke, out of breath.

"Are you sure you didn't see anything out there, you look pretty shook up?" Dale questioned her.

Their interaction had gained the attention of the group, which had gathered around the two.

"I'm fine." Violet snapped at him. He backed away from her with his hands raised in surrender.

With essentially the entire group just looking at her now, she noticed Shane and Lori rejoin the group, now fully clothed.

"You ready to go huntin?" Daryl walked up and asked her, unaware of her interaction with Dale in front of the entire group.

"Yeah." She said simply.

"Hold up." Shane interjected.

"I'm not comfortable with you going out into the woods for god knows how long to go hunting with Daryl." Lori spoke up.

"Daryl knows what he's doing. I'll be fine." Violet responded to her.

"Yeah Daryl does, but you don't." Shane stepped closer to her.

"I'm an adult, you're not my parents, you can't stop me from going." Violet argued.

Lori stood with her jaw dropped, not knowing what to say.

Daryl stood by awkwardly watching all of this happen. He looked around at everyone, and then started walking towards the woods.

Violet stormed past Shane and Lori, grabbing her bag, following Daryl into the woods. She could feel tears building up in her eyes.