Haunting Memory

"Hey! Look who's back!" Herrmann yelled as he met Severide walking up to the apparatus floor. "Hey Herrmann." Severide replied as he hugged Herrmann. "How you feeling?" Casey asked. "Doctor cleared me and I feel 100 percent. Ready to get back to work." Good to hear." Dawson said. "Kelly meet me in my office in ten." Boden said as everyone went back to what they were doing. "Um sure Chief."

Severide went to the lockers to change. As he got to his locker and was unlocking it pain shot through his leg. "Ow. Dammit." He yelled out. He put put his head against the locker. "This is nothing its just a little pain. This is nothing its just a little pain." He said to himself trying to motivate him. He put on his pants and shirt and headed toward Bodens office. He knocks on the door. "Come in" Boden said. "Hey Chief." Severide said as he walked in. "Sit down." Chief demanded. Severide sat a chair in front of the Chief's desk. "Something wrong?" Severide asked. "I looked over your papers and saw you was cleared for work." Yes sir." "Kelly, are you ready to come back to work?" Chief asked as he sat down on the corner of his desk. "Chief.." Severide paused. Chief looked at Severide serious. Severide continued,"Im ready to come back to work. I cant keep looking at the same walls all day long. Im physically and mentally prepared, sir." Boden shakes his hand, "Ok."

*Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61
Building Fire, Kolten Lane*

They all ran to the trucks, hopped in, and headed toward the fire. "Are glad to be back?" Capp asked Severide." You bet!" Severide exclaimed. They arrived at the scene and jumped out of their trucks. "51 get some water on that." Chief Boden said pointing to the dumpster beside the building. "Otis and Mouch get that areial up and vent the roof. Herrman and Dawson come with me." Casey ordered as they put on their gas mask. They went in the building.
Severide took a deep breathe and looked at the building. Flashbacks came back to his mind. He shook it off. "Capp and Cruz just the east side of floors 1. Tony, we will cover the west side." He ordered as they geared up and went into the building.

Severide and Tony stayed low as they entered the first hall. "Fire Department call out!" He yelled as he guiding his hands down the wall. "Tony check that first room. Ill take the one across." He orderd. " Tony went in the room and searched for victims. "I got two kids." Tony called over the radio. He got them out and came back to where Severide was. "This side is cleared Lt." Capp said over the radio. "Come to the west side!" Severide exclaimed. Severide went into another room. It was snokey and the fire somehow hadnt got to it yet. "Fire Department! Call out!" Severide called out. Panic started to fill his mind. The flashbacks from the fall returned. He searched under and behind things and he didnt find anyone. He was about to head out of the room when he heard a cry. He turned around, his eyes searching the room, and he called out, "Fire Department! Call out! Please!" He begin searching frantically for the voice crying for help. "Call out, dammit!" He yelled.

"One minute!" Boden shouted through the radio. The rest of sqaud rushed in room Severide was in. "Leiutant! We gotta go! Nobody's in here!" Cruz shouted as they was trying to pull him out the room. Severide fought against them but could not win against Capp, Tony, and Cruz. When they got outside Severide yelled,"What the hell was that?" as he pushed Cruz. All eyes were now on them. "Leuitant...nobody was in there. We got everyone out-" Cruz said getting intrupted by the building flashing over.