Chapter 23

4 years later

Taylor's POV

I moved back to LA last year and things have been going great. I share a house with Kian and Jc and another friend of ours.

Kian's POV

Today's the day. Today's the big day. I'm gonna ask Taylor to be my wife. No amount of words can express how much I love her. I've got the whole thing planned out. I'm taking her out to a romantic dinner by the beach. Then we'll go for a walk and that's when I pop the question. I've been planning this for 4 months now. I hope it all goes well.

10am

"Tay? Wake up baby." I say shaking her lightly.

She doesn't respond so I called her again. "Taylor? Wakey wakey."

She turned to me and started hitting me with a pillow.

"Let me sleep, demon!" She yelled and continued hitting me.

"Taylorrr" I said laughing "stopppp"

She tried glaring at me but failed and laid back down.

"Taylor wake up" I said laughing

"ughhh fine" She groaned and went into the bathroom

I sit on the bed and go on my phone.

"hey babe?" i call.

"hmm?"

"we're going on a date later okay??"

"yeah okay. what time?"

"umm...5:30?? Wear something fancy okay"

"okay."

"im gonna head out for a bit. see you at 5:30. bye. i love you"

"bye. I love you."

i leave the house and head to the mall because i had to go pick up the rings. I'm so nervous.

5:30pm

Taylor's POV

I go downstairs and realize that nobody's home. I sit on the couch and wait for Kian.

I'm wearing a short black dress with black pumps. I curled my hair a little and I have some light makeup on.

I hear the doorbell ring and I open it revealing Kian in a tux with a purple bow, holding a bouquet of flowers.

Kian's POV

She opens the door and there she was. She was so beautiful, I was speechless.

"hhhhi." I stuttered

"hi" she said with a slight giggle.

"You look beautiful."

"thank you Kian" she said blushing like crazy.

We get in the car and I put a blindfold on her.

"Kiannnn"

"yesssss"

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise babe. we'll be there soon."

*the beach*

Taylor's POV

I feel the car stop.

"Are we here?" I asked

"yupp"

Kian gets out of the car and helps me out.

"Can I take the blindfolds off now?"

"In a while babe" he responds as we start walking.

Then I heard the sound of waves crashing and it felt like i was standing on sand. I could smell...salt??

"Kian"

"Yes?"

"Are we at the beach??"

"Dang it! how did you know???"

"I can feel the sand and I can hear the waves crashing, Ki." I say laughing a little.

"we're here babe." Kian says and takes off the blindfold.

*Kian's POV *

"Kian. This...this is beautiful." said Taylor as she began to look at the sunset.

"Not as beautiful as you." I sat and wink at her.

she giggled at me as I the waiter came to take our order.

"What would you like to have sir?"

"I'll have a plate of Spaghetti and a glass of red wine please." I say as the waiter wrote down my order in a little book.

"And you miss?"

"Ummm...I'll have a plate of Lasagna and a glass of white wine please."

The waiter writes down our orders and says "I'll be back with your food in just a minute."

We sat there and talked and laughed until we finished our meal.

We walk along the beach for a bit while the boys were setting things up.

"Hey Ki, I need to go to the toilet. I'll be right back okay?" She says.

"okay." I reply.

As soon as she leaves, I texted the boys and they immediately came with a shit ton of candles and we started arranging them so they made a path.

I see Taylor walking back and I stand at the end of the path as she makes her way to me.

*Taylor's POV *

I get out of the toilet and start walking towards the beach when I noticed a candle lit path. As I get closer I see the boys standing by the path, looking at me. Kian is standing at the end of the path. I'm so confused.

"Kian?? What's happening?" I say as I get closer to him.

When I reach him, he holds both my hands and says

"Taylor Elizabeth Caylen, you are my best friend. You're my favorite person in the world and I love you with all my heart. We've been with each other for (how many) years and my love for you grows more and more each day. You are the most beautiful and caring person I've ever met and you've always been there for me 100% through the bad times. You mean the world to me and there isn't enough words in the world to express how much i love you. You are the love of my life and you've always been. I can't imagine growing old with anyone else, nor do I want to. I'm so lucky to have found you, because all I want to do, all I've ever wanted to do, is to spend my life loving you. I wanna marry you because you're the first person I wanna look at when I wake up in the morning, and the only one I wanna kiss goodnight. Because the first time that I saw these hands, I couldn't imagine not being able to hold them. But mainly, when you love someone as much as I love you, getting married is the only thing left to do, and Taylor Elizabeth Caylen, You deserve the very best, someone who will back you up without limits, let you grow without borders, and love you without end. Will you let me be the one?? Will you marry me??" He says as he tears up and gets down on one knee and opens up a red box with a beautiful silver diamond ring in it.

"YES! YES YES YES!! 100 times YES!!!" I say with tears streaming down my face.

He hugs me and we kiss.

Sparks fly just like the first time we kissed.

The boys were all clapping and cheering.

*****
Author's note

we're back after 8 years lol. This is the final chapter. Thanks for waiting after almost a decade 😂
It was fun re-reading the chapters from 8 years ago hahahah. Peace out - T.R