Chapter 2

Steven and Connie were having fun swimming with Lapis and Amethyst. "Come on Peri! The water's nice!" Amethyst shouted from the wave she was rideing. "Ha , like I would give up my new limb enhancers for this "swimming" of yours!" Peridot replied. However at that exact moment Peridot's new tablet died. "Steven! The tablet has stopped working! Fix it!" Peridot yelled impatiently. "It's just dead, and needs to be charged," then he added with a smirk," So now you can go swimming with us!" Steven quickly dragged Peridot into the water. Lapis made water ring for her since she couldn't swim. "Ugh, thanks for getting me wet you clods!" Peridot yelled. The others just laughed.

After swimming, Connie and Steven were sitting on the hand of the temple, where the washer and dryer sat. "Steven I know some things on your mind. You know you can tell..." Connie stopped when she saw Steven had tears in his eyes." Connie I wanted to tell you that..." Steven couldn't get the last part out above a wisper," I love you." Could you speak up please?" Connie asked. "I love you." "Little louder." "I LOVE YOU!" Steven yelled. Connie was shocked. Steven,not knowing how to respond, warped into the house, and ran to his room. Connie was right on his tail," Steven it's ok!" Connie reassured. "You probly hate me now don't ..." Steven was cut off by Connie kissing him! Steven returned the kiss, closing his eyes. When they parted, Connie said," I love you too." Later that night, Steven and Connie were talking in a hued voice as not to wake the gems. "Guess this we're dating, huh Steven?" Connie asked. "I guess, that is, if you're ok with it." Steven replied. "I'm fine with it, but how are my parents going to react?" Connie thought. "I'm don't know, but we'll face it together!" Steven said, taking Connie's hand. "Thanks!" Connie said griping his hand. At that moment, Amethyst's door opened, and she walked through, calling Connie and Steven. She looked up and say them holding hands. "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, Connie and Steven sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Amethyst teased. Steven and Connie realized what she ment, and released hands. "Amethyst why were you calling us?" Steven asked, trying to change the subject. "I was going to ask if yall wanted to watch a movie, but it seems you're two busy holding hands. Wait, ARE YOU TWO DATEING?" Amethyst yelled. "Keep it down the others are gonna here you! And yes, we are dating, but you can't tell the others!" Steven said. Amethyst made the motion of zipping her lips," Your secret is safe with me, but do you plan to tell the others." Steven replied," Yes, but that'll have to wait until tommorow." "Yall still want to watch that movie?" Amethyst asked. "Sure!" Steven and Connie replied at tie same time. After the movie, Steven, Connie, and Amethyst were asleep in the living room with Lonely Blade 6 playing.

A/N: a bit of a longer chapter, but totally worth it. This is a big chapter for this series. It won't just be steven x Connie. Other ships are, amedot, Lapis x jamie, pearl x rose (flashback), greg x rose (present), and Sadie x lars. Possibly more as the show goes on. Hope you enjoyed.