Meeting Him: Reiji

You were walking down the hall of night school heading to your next class, chemistry. You were the smartest and most well mannered girl in school you had the highest grade in every class and you were not ashamed to show off your knowledge to people who asked, the only thing was you didn't have any friends you very much liked to keep to yourself, it wasn't that you disliked anyone, you did talk to some of the girls in your classes however it was only the girls you talked to, you were not as comfortable around the males.

You were thinking about the homework you had gotten from algebra and physics and smiled you had asked for extra in every class because you always liked to push yourself with your homework and your studies. No matter how much you were given for the next night you were always able to have it finished and even work on some of your experiments before heading to bed before the sun came up.

 You weren't paying as much attention to where you were walking as you were busy organizing a schedule in your head, when you suddenly collided into someone from behind and fell to the floor,

''Hey watch it you...'' you began, they turned around and looked to you annoyed when you looked up you saw a boy with magenta eyes, glasses and dark purple hair you suddenly froze up at his glare. You knew that look on a male and it had scarred you and scared you for life,

seeing your reaction he looked a little taken back and kneeled down next to you picking up your books and holding a hand out to you,

''I apologize, here allow me to help you are you hurt anywhere?'' you looked into his eyes and saw a hint of kindness he really was sorry and not playing around you sighed in relief and took his hand gently as he helped you to your feet. You knew you could trust this guy... whoever he was.

''I'm alright, you have no need to apologize I was at fault for not watching where I was going and being rude to you for no reason. Pardon my indiscretion, my name is (y/n)'' you said politely and bowing before looking back up at him. He smiled a little,

''I see your manners are impeccable unlike a lot of the other females in this school. You are forgiven and I believe these belong to you. I'm Reiji I'm in your chemistry class however we have never spoken until now nice to meet you (y/n)-san'' he said as he held your books out to you, you smiled and took your books from his hands,

''I thank you for helping me. It is a pleasure to meet you as well Reiji-san, its is also nice to have a civilized conversation with someone who is as well mannered and polite as myself for once'' he nodded and held the door open for you as you entered your class together, you looked to the seating sheet and saw that it had been changed you and Reiji were now lab partners. You walked over and sat on the stool beside him putting your books on the desk.

''So we meet again'' he said smirking at you, you giggled slightly as you both opened your books as the teacher entered the class and started to review the work from the night before.

''That we do stranger it is a pleasure to see you once again'' you whispered playing along with him, he chuckled as you both had a quiet and enjoyable conversation between yourselves. 

''Alright class I'm gonna call your names and I want you to bring the homework that you were issued in class last night out to the front then head back to your tables. I then want you to start working on the combustion of hydrofluic acid with your partners we will share each groups reports on the process at the end of the period. (Y/n) your out first and I believe you asked for a couple pages of extra work so if you could bring that out as well, you too Reiji, I believe you had asked for the same'' You and Reiji looked to one another as you walked to the front of the class together and handed in your homework before returning to your station.

''Alright lets get started, would you like to collect the equipment and record the process or would you like to execute the process? The next time we do this we can swap the roles around so it is which ever you are up to doing tonight'' you smiled at his gentlemanly demeanor and thought about which you would like to do,

''I think I will gather the necessary chemicals and equipment and record tonight, I don't mind working with the chemicals tomorrow first period'' you said politely, Reiji nodded and started to clear up the station and get you pen and paper ready as you walked around the classroom gathering everything you and Reiji would need for the experiment.

You walked back to your station and laid everything out in front of him in a neat and orderly fashion handing Reiji the safety goggles and placing your own on your head, making sure your hair was neatly tied back in a bun. You picked up the notebook and pen and watched as Reiji started the combustion process making sure to take neat and detailed notes about every chemical added and result of the experiment.

At the end of the period you and Reiji were called to the front of the class to report your findings first, you slowly read out your notes making sure to fully explain the process in detail and making sure to explain any words that the other class members didn't understand. After hearing the other groups findings you and Reiji were given and A+ for a perfect report then the bell went signaling lunchtime.

''(Y/n)-san, I would like to ask would you like to become my friend? You are someone I feel I would be able to accept as my friend and we are on the same level of knowledge as well. I feel we get along very well'' Reiji said as you walked out of the class together, you thought for a second then looked up to him with a small smile on your face,

''It would be my honor to be friends with you Reiji-san, now shall we go and eat lunch to help function our brains?'' he looked to you and nodded as you both walked down the stairs and into the cafeteria for a well deserved lunch with you new friend.