The Weekend

~Takatsuki's POV~ 

   Ah, the weekend. It's wonderful to be away from Chiba-san. Ever since Nitorin told me he liked me, she's hated my guts. Chiba, Nitori is with Anna-chan now! I think he's over me. If I had told Nitori I liked him back, Chiba would have me dead. I've tried to be her friend, but she hates my guts. I honestly couldn't care less what  she thinks. I have bigger problems to deal with. You see, I'm not a normal girl. That's because I'm not a girl at all. I hate having to go to school every day in that stupid female uniform. I'm living a lie. I hate being expected to wear dresses and be cute and feminine. I wish I could rip off my own skin to see a masculine body when I look in the mirror. It hurts me to see the way my body looks. 

   I slipped on a red hoodie and walked out the door on Saturday morning. I didn't know where I was going, I just let myself explore the neighborhood. This isn't abnormal for me, I do this all the time. I ended up in an area with a bunch of stores. I walked into a fairly nice looking clothing store. When I was inside, I was in awe. There were hoodies, beanies and so much more! I found myself walking into the boys' section. "Excuse me, miss. Are you looking for the girls' clothes? They're over there," a tall man said, sounding chipper. He pointed to the girls' section. It was a sparkly pink nightmare. "Um... Oh, yeah..." I said sheepishly. I walked over to the girls' section. When the man wasn't looking, I ran out of the store. I ran to the tree that I sit under to read. And I cried. 

   Boys aren't supposed to cry, I thought to myself. I need to be tough. I need to show that I'm not a girl. "Takatsuki," I heard a soft yet slightly masculine voice say. "Is something wrong?" I turned my head to see Nitori. You know what, forget the part I said about his voice. "Nitori? Please... I want to be a boy. I can't stand being called 'miss.' I want to be called Sir," I said through tears. "Takatsuki, I know how you feel. I want to be called miss. She. Girl. I don't want to grow up to have a deep voice. I don't want a beard. I don't want to grow up to be a man. We exchanged names already," he said in a soft yet serious tone. "We should exchange pronouns," we both said at the same time. "Deal?" he asked. "Deal." And I shook her hand. At that moment, tears stopped flowing. Nitori gave me a friendly hug. "I owe you one, miss," I said to her. She grinned, I grinned. I feel more like a boy than ever before. Thank you, miss.