XXIX

about 90 days later...

~

"Alexander," Quinn called from the kitchen. It was a Sunday morning and the only day of their week that they opted to stay at home and rest, so they usually stayed home in order not to waste it. The two of them were so exhausted they had fallen asleep on the couch last night, but Quinn had gotten a phone call with some exciting news, and it definitely couldn't wait.

"Mr. Irons!" She shouted when he didn't answer.

"What, Quinn!" He answered back. Despite his attempts to persuade her, she knew that Alexander was not even close to what he called a morning person. The only reason that he seemed so energetic was because of his morning runs, which he had been persuading her to join him for the past month. But when there was no work in the morning, he often stayed in the bed until about twelve.

"Come here please, baby." Quinn stood at the counter, a mug of coffee in hand and a large grin on her face. "Good morning! Buorngiorno!"

He trudged into the kitchen with his hand rubbing at his tired eyes and a pout on his lips. At the sight of her, his face pinched in confusion. "Why are you up?" 

She grinned, her mood undeterred by his grumpy attitude. "Well caro," She handed him a cup of coffee. "I wanted to go out today,"

"Why?" He drawled out, glowering childishly.

"Does there have to be a reason for me to wan't to spend time with my boyfriend?" Quinn tilted her head in question.

"Well, now that I think about it..." He nodded, an understanding look on his face. He then gave her an unimpressed stare. "Yes."

Quinn pursed her lips. "Get dressed, Alexander."

"But-"

"C'mon!" She laced their fingers and tugged him along with her all the way to his room.

"Quinn!" He whined. "Why are you doing this? We have all day!"

She spun on her heel to face him. "No sweetheart. We have to be there at nine and it's almost an hour away, so please, Alexander, bear with me and maybe you can sleep a little on the way there."

He huffed out a defeated sigh, "Fine. Only cause I love you." He grumbled.

"I love you too, baby. Now go shower." She nudged him towards the bathroom. 

"Don't you have to shower too?" He turned and began to walk backwards. "We can save time and water."

She followed him now. "Is that so?" She replied smirking.

"Very much," He purred bunching her thin negligee in his large hands.

As the two stepped out of the shower, they failed to save time or water after they decided to do a little more than wash themselves. After about thirty minutes they were walking out of the house and to the car. 

"So you're still not going to tell me where we are going?" Alexander questioned, fumbling with his watch. 

"No sir," Quinn glanced over at him to find him now staring at her. She sent a quick grin before focusing back on the road. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I look at you all the time, bella. You are quite beautiful." He sounded amused and she cut her eyes to him again. He still wore the same expression and it made Quinn a little anxious. He seemed to have quite a few things on mind, but the way he looked at her as if there was either something especially wrong or especially right.

"But you don't look at me like that," Maybe there was just something on her face. Frowning, she reached for it. 

He chuckled. "Relax Quinn. I just want to know what you've got up your sleeve,"

She pursed her lips as they stopped at a light. She turned to him. "You'll find out soon enough,"

Sure enough, before they pulled up, Quinn instructed Alexander to close his eyes and even threatened him with coffee so that he wouldn't even peek. She went around to his side and opened his door. "The roles have been switched, I suppose." He mused.

"Indeed they have, dear." Quinn took his hand and after closing his door, led him up the street, out of traffic and onto the sidewalk. 

She beamed as she looked upon the place. It was magnificent and it was no doubt that Alexander would think so too. It was undoubtedly a perfect fit for a restaurant. She jumped slightly when she realized that she had yet to tell him to open his eyes. "Oh, you can look now baby."

She watched as his blues came back into view and were instantly filled with astonishment. "Quinn," He breathed. "What is-?"

"Oh you're here!" The agent poked his head outside of the building. "Come in, come in!"

They strolled inside and surveyed the place.

"Do you like it?" Quinn whispered to Alexander.

His mouth had yet to close completely since he stood outside. They went on a short tour around the space and were shown every nook and cranny to Quinn's satisfaction. Although she had seen the place twice before. 

 The place was large enough to accommodate a private party but small enough to give off the cozy sentiment that he wanted. They were in Manhattan but thankfully the traffic outside was always an easy flow which would bring in a good amount of customers.

Alexander seemed to like it. His expression seemed dazed, but she took it as a good sign. Especially when his eyes lit up at the sight of the massive kitchen space. 

"Quinn, is this what you've been up to?" He inquired, still gazing around the place. She nodded, smiling. He shook his head, his expression unbelieving. "But...how?"

"I know a few people." She shrugged. It was true. This place wasn't listed, but she began to make phone calls and finally came across it. "But do you like it?"

He stepped in front of her and cradled her face. "I love it," He confessed. Their noses brushed and Alexander released a quivering breath. "I love you." He said. "And I can't believe you,"

"What does that mean?" Quinn let out an unsure giggle. Was he upset that she had kept this from him? "Are you okay, Ale-?"

He interrupted her with a searing kiss. His hands gripping her like she was his all and his mouth loving her like his one and only. She lifted her hands to his face and pulled away at the feel of moisture on her fingers and a light jingle sounding near them.

The realtor held up a set of keys and nodded towards some paperwork. "I'm guessing it's a yes," 

But Quinn and Alexander couldn't tear their eyes away from each other. The tears in his eyes made her weak at the knees, and the love in them was indescribable. 

"Yes," Alexander nodded.

~~~~~

Okay, honest! Like, Everything is together now. :) 

If you are still reading this story, I applaud, thank, commend, love, adore you. Be honest, cause I'm going to give shoutouts -- Who has voted on every single chapter since the beginning? I won't count the introduction and author's note.