Chapter 1 (Older)

Chapter 1

Older

My husband Marco and I have been married for 6 years. Jason and Bella, our twins who are the oldest, are 7-years-old. Our youngest, Noah, is 6-years-old. I'm now 24 and Marco is 25. My best friends Spencer and Hannah have gotten married and are expecting a boy. My other best friend, Kassia, is going strong with Marco's friend Paul.

Three of Marco's friends went to jail a few years back for killing someone. Marco used to be in a gang, but changed his life around after I had the twins. I think he created a gang because he lost his father at a young age. His mother Mrs. Ramirez remarried and now Marco has Kenny and Shelly as step siblings. They're very nice but we don't see them often.

Jason ran around the house chasing Bella for stealing something of his. Noah followed just to be involved in something.

"Stop running!" I yelled.

"Bella stole my iron man mask!" Jason yelled.

"Bella give it back." I said.

Bella came in the room and hid it under the couch. Then she ran upstairs. I sighed and went to get it. Jason came in the room with Noah close behind. I handed it to him and he smiled.

"I'm going to kill you Bella!" Jason said, running upstairs to find her.

"Noah, why don't you go play in your room?"

"Because I don't want to play alone. Mommy, Jason and Bella never play with me. They always pick on me and kick me out when I try to join. Can't you have another baby so that I won't be alone all the time?"

"I'm sorry sweetie, but we're going to wait a while longer before we have any more babies."

"Why? You're already old. If you wait any longer you'll be super, super old."

I sighed and picked him up. He doesn't weigh much luckily. His bottom lip was poked out and he looked really sad.

"I'll talk to Jason and Bella. But when daddy gets home you can ask him about having more kids, alright?"

"Okay." He said. I put him down and he want upstairs.

I made lunch and then went upstairs to talk to Jason and Bella. They were playing together in Jason's room as though they weren't just fighting earlier. I knocked on the door and walked in.

"Hi mommy." Bella greeted with a smile. "I made Jason play dolls with me. But I can't steal anymore of is things."

"That's a good deal." Though I know it's not going to last.

I sat down on the floor next to them. Jason held a Ken doll in his hands and Bella held a Barbie and Kelly doll.

"I want to talk to you guys." They sat the dolls down. "Noah is feeling left out. I want to know why you're always picking on him and leaving him out when you play."

"He's annoying." Bella muttered.

"Yeah, I don't like him to play with us." Jason said.

"Why not? He's your brother."

"Are you sure? He doesn't look like us."

"Yes he does. You and Noah look like your father. And Bella looks like me."

They all have my curly hair. Jason and Noah have Marco's blue eyes and Bella has my brown ones.

"From now on, I want you to play with your little brother and don't leave him out of anything. He just ants to spend time with you. Be nice."