Remember Summer - Chapter 3

Noah got her address before they went home last night so he could go to her house to get her. He also deliberately didn't tell Marin where they were going, that's why, she was surprised when they got to their destination.

"It was actually a special event night in our diner. To attract more customers, we have a film viewing by the sea," Noah said, keeping his eyes on Marin for her reaction. "Most of the time, we play romantic movies so I thought you'd like that."

Marin just nodded at his explanation. She was busy taking in the surrounding. Outside the diner, facing the ocean, there was a huge projector and there were several blankets spread on the sand.

"This is such a good idea!" Marin commented excitedly. "People could watch movie, the ocean and the stars as their background."

"That's the idea for our promotion and the diner could serve snacks and drink while the movie is playing."

"When's the movie starting?"

Noah looked at his watch and answered, "Hmmm... It's about to start in maybe eight to five minutes. Let's go, I've already reserved a blanket for us."

While they were going to their blanket, Marin looked around and noticed most of the customers were couples. She told her observation to Noah once they were seated, which made him blushed.

"A-ahh... I didn't... it w-was..." Before he could finish, Marin laughed out loud and told him that it was fine.

The movie finally started and both of them focused on the screen. After, a few minutes Noah moved a bit to get something. Marin noticed that there was picnic basket beside their blanket.

"I already told the staff to prepare our food," he whispered while taking out the contents of the basket. He placed a bucket of friend chicken, sandwiches and canned sodas in front of them.

Marin mouthed her thanks, reached for the food and returned her attention to the movie. On the other hand, Noah could not focus on anything but her face. He wanted to see her every reaction, her every emotion while watching the movie.

For a while Marin seemed to be so focused on the movie but she eventually looked at him. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Instead of answering, he smiled at her. With that, she pouted and tried to look angry but then giggled. "Stopped it. I can't focus while you're staring." She tapped his forehead and then held his cheeks to direct his head to the screen. "Watch! You're missing the movie."

At first, he was really resistant but after she gave him a hard glare, he removed her hand on his cheeks and voluntarily looked at the screen. "Okay, okay, I'll watch," he muttered, giving up looking at her but not releasing her hand... for the entire movie.

"That was a good movie," he commented. It was now after the movie and both of them were now walking by the seaside. He was carrying Marin's sandals while she was walking one step ahead of him.

Hearing that, she turned back and faced him. "A good movie? Why do I get the feeling that you didn't really watch it?" She tilted her head, a teasing smile showing on her lips.

"Well, I still know it was good."

She was now walking backwards while talking to him. "And how did you know that?"

"I agree, I might not have my full attention to the movie but I still know it was good because I was the one who picked it."

"Really?"

"Really."

She shook her head and laughed so she didn't see that Noah stepped forward, closing in on her. His head came down and she was startled when their heads were just about an inch close.