Chapter Two- A mysterious book

Sang Yoo Jin threw the cup he had been drinking from, at the wall, and it shattered. "What did you say?" Joo Chung Jae was kneeling before him. He spoke, apparently unaffected by the Prime Minister's anger.

"I'm sorry Daegam, Lord Choi's son got away."

"What is the meaning of this?" Sang Yoo Jin asked. "You said he would be easy to handle!"

"I'm sorry Daegam. After the first two attacks near the temple, he panicked and hired two guards from Lord Kim Dae Hyeon, and they were quite skilled. The guards would not be a problem for me, but I could not approach so I would not be recognized."

"So he is in the Capital now?" He asked

"Ye, Daegam." Chung Jae answered. " He should be at Daegun's house now."

"So our Daegun has gotten hold of the last book?" He asked no one in particular. "The fact that he survived eleven years ago is still a thorn in my side. If he begins moving seriously, he would be an inconvenience. Now we both have two books."

"What should I do, Daegam?" Chung Jae asked.

"Set a trap of course." He smiled. "Bring the third book to the Capital."

.

The Grand Prince's House....

Choi Chun Hwa stepped out of the lifted front flap of his palanquin, placed his gat on his head, stretched and looked at the remarkable compound before him. The gate of the compound bore the Royal Family Emblem, two dragons surrounding the sun. Arranged and impeccably dressed in front of the gates, were a small array of guards and servants. They bowed to him and he laughed. Obviously, his surprise visit wasn't a surprise at all...

.

The Grand Prince, Tae Jun and Chun Hwa drank in companionable silence in the cool evening. This had been a ritual, every time they met, for almost five years, when Tae Jun had saved Chun Hwa's life from assassins. The two had hated each other as children, but after that incident, had drawn close and became best of friends. Chun Hwa dropped his cup.

"Aren't you going to tell me? You always seem to know these things. How did you know I was coming this time?"

Tae Jun set his cup down as well. "It was the strangest thing. My fabric merchant came through Nam Guk, and said he sold some rare fabrics to your household. I believe you're wearing several of them right now."

"Ah! So my household servants have big mouths." He said with humour, picking his drink.

"Yes! And so does my fabric merchant." He waved a hand, and all the servants left two of them alone. "Now I believe we have important matters to discuss. How did your search go?"

"Hmmm. It went fairly well, but I think the Prime Minister suspects."  He reached into the side of his hanbok and brought out a wrapped bundle. He dropped it between them on the table.

"Getting this out of the mountain temple wasn't hard at all. There was a fairly simple riddle leading to it in my family library. I followed the clues and it led me right to the temple."

"Simple?" Tae Jun raised an eyebrow.

"Well, okay, I'm a pretty skilled scholar, so maybe not so simple for an average person." He said with some pride. When it came to books, he knew the only person who could even try competing with him, was Tae Jun.

Even then, Tae Jun was no match for him, when it came to being a scholar.

Then again, he was no match for Tae Jun, when it came to combat and strategy...