​Chapter Fifty Five- Baduk 1

Chapter Fifty Five- Baduk 1

Two nights later...

Central Palace, Gwang Guk...

Two dead deities and two men snuck into the Palace. The Palace guards were skilled, but were no match for them. Silently, unhindered, they made their way to the Sky Palace...

.

Two nights earlier...

The Central Palace, Gwang Guk...

Sang Yoo Jin was no fool. Opening any of the four gates would not be as easy as it was in the past.

Seong Su Min had told him it might take longer, but more than that, he knew the deities would be prepared for that move.

"Jeonha. You are worried the deities would stop the process?" Seong Su Min was seated before him.

"Don't worry Jeonha. There is no way they can stop it, even if they are by the gates... The deities can eliminate spirits, but these particular spirits have an added protection."

Seong Su Min had cast a spell on the dead magical body...

They were completely void of all form.

Any attack from the deities would pass right through them... 

.

The Foggy Mountain...

"To destroy the Shadow, you will all have to die." Chin Suh stated blankly.

They all sat in what was supposed to be a garden pagoda, but the Black Deity had never, EVER thought of growing anything like flowers in his home.

"What?!" Da Yeong and Hye Yeon piped up at Chin Suh's statement.

"Please make yourself clear." Tae Jun said after a few silent moments passed.

"Very well." Chin Suh stood up from where he sat. "You probably already know this, but the position of the four gates changed after you were reborn.

"Still, that won't stop Sang Yoo Jin from finding it the same way he did in the past."

"We are aware of this. We will be alerted if any human or entity even gets close to them. We will reach the gates before they do." Chun Hwa explained.

"It was something I asked everyone to take care of after we regained our memories." Tae Jun added, drawing back the sleeve of his black and gold hanbok.

Around his arm was a yellow and red cursed seal.

The others followed suit, revealing similar seals around their arms...

Before they had read the King's Journal, Tae Jun had asked Pal Wol for eight seals, two each for the four of them.

One would stay with each of them at all times, and the other would be placed close to their gates.

If anything approached, the seals would activate, and the ones with them would activate as well.

"A clever plan." Chin Suh commended. "However, what we want is the opposite. When the seals activate, I want you to ignore it."

"Are you asking us to literally die right now?!" Hye Yeon attacked, but Da Yeong placed a calming hand on top of hers.

"Please continue."

"Good. I am asking you to gamble." He strode over to Tae Jun. "If we don't gamble our lives, we would have no chance of success. I myself will be doing something risky. Powers Wang Shin separated for centuries, will be merged into me, a heavenly being not designed to carry them.