Chapter 2

[Alcatraz, just after the events in Stalingrad]

I awaken to an undead groan. I jolt up, and after unsuccessfully attempting to find it, I notice the yellow-eyed beast isn't attaching me. How very strange. I look around. On the wall, there are eight marks and "bub" written (in blood) on the wall. I attempt to talk to Samantha - but to no avail. I end up picking a fight with the zombie. I succeed in assuring its demise, but I'm critically injured. After finding a 115 controlled gauntlet, I crawl over to the wall, and write "ble". I smile, and die.

[Alcatraz, just after the events in Stalingrad]

I am awoken by a zombie's hiss. I get off the ground, and brace myself for a fistfight - I am unarmed. But the creature isn't attempting to kill me. 
Where the hell am I?
I'm in a dirty, empty room. The air is thick with dust and my throat is parched.
How did I get here?
I look around my prison (if that's what it is... I am unsure.)
I notice "bubble" written in blood, on the wall. How curious, I think. I look around and see a bubblegum machine. But wait... I move closer to  it and discover this is no children's candy machine. This is a gobblegum machine! An invention of my good friend, Dr Monty. Well; my acquaintance. Well... My ally. None the less, he seems to want to help me. I press the button, and after it shakes violently, the glass done explodes, revealing a glove-shaped device with a tiny dragon on it.
"I rembember this... Why, it is the Gauntlet of Siegfried! Wunderbar!"
I grin, and punch the wall... To get a sore hand and an undamaged wall for my trouble. The zombie is stirring. It already wants my blood (luckily, Samantha is holding it back).
I think I should break the window, but a guttural feeling stops me. What can I do?

It's only then that I notice there's a door. 

That's impossible. I am Edward Richtofen. I don't miss something as important, something as obvious as a door to this dank, dirty cell. No, this is the work of a supernatural force. Samantha? No. Why should she help me? I look in the glass. I gasp. It all comes flooding back to me. The Moon. The Summoning key. The Shadow Man. Primis. And Ludvig Maxis.    

The sudden smashing noise seems to anger the zombie. After easily putting it down with my new toy, I hear the roar of the undead. Many, many undead. And it's coming from behind the wall. I bolt to the door, throw it open, and run.