prolouge

green skin. warty noses. long chins. black pointy hats and broomsticks. that's what you think of when you hear the word witch, correct?

well, i can assure you i have none of them.

elphaba was the perfect stereotype of a witch, but I can tell you, I don't defy gravity or have a goat as a professor, and i certainly can't hit the high notes.

it's bullshit.

although i do have a sister, she is evil and heartless but unfortunately, she did not die because a house fell on her.

perhaps the council would turn a blind eye, they hate the infamous trio just as much as i do.

let's say they went a bit coo-koo when my mother came for a catch-up and cake on their birthdays.

what a party! when your psycho mum turns up on your door to give you presents.

"hey honey, your present is in the back of my car! lemme just move all of the dead bodies out the way! happy eighteenth!"

the years that i have lived without my brother, sister and mother have been interesting. they would leave behind trails of their chaos for witches alike to clear up. never bothering to clear up their own mess.

they have tarnished and rusted my families name, darkened it so half the silverware is black.

they view is that they think witches are far more superior than any other creatures, they want to "preserve" our race and bring it back to the dark ages where witches would kill anyone they pleased.

especially humans.

freaks will inherit the earth.

they mean to harm anyone, not out of spite or jealousy, just because they can. just because it gives them a rush to know they have power.

i may not pay attention in history that much, but when people start talking about preserving the superior race, it never ends too well for anyone.

we decided it would best for all of us to have a change of scenery, kinda fitting the place we decided to move to. it has so much ancestry and history to do with witches, we decided it would be a good idea, we needed to leave and this was the perfect place to run to.

the big easy.

clue is in the nickname.

after all, new orleans is the new salem.

after the witch trials, lots of people went to different places. some stayed in america, fleeing to new orleans, california, new york. busy places so they would be hard to track. some left to africa in haiti to study voodoo, maybe even mexico as it has so much ancestral history. but the waywards, we wanted to go to a place no hunters would find us.

i'm originally from london but we moved to new orleans when my brother left with my mum.

we knew she would be after me next.

don't get me wrong my sister and brother were important to our family, but my mum can't take me, i'm her last piece of the puzzle to world domination.

you see, every thousand years or so, there is something called the lux moon. the planets, suns, moons and gods give energy to the earth to give it power, so supernatural creatures can have energy to survive off of.

the lux moon is the most powerful transfer of energy in history.

the lux moon happens to be on my eighteenth birthday.

i gain my full powers, but there is a catch.

i have to chose to be light or dark, with my family heritage being powerful already, i will be the most powerful thing on this earth.

i have 186 days to decide.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is, hope you like it! I am English btw so some spellings will be different to American spellings.

Sian