Chapter Thirty Four - The Fight

Ash's P.O.V.

"So, what did you think?" I asked my mother after Serena and Grace left.

"Well, they were both very nice." My mom replied. At least she liked them.

"So does that mean?" I asked full of hope.

"No... I don't want this girl ruining your academics, or worse. I know what dating at a young age does to people." My dreams were shattered. Tears formed in my eyes and I couldn't hold it any longer.

"NO MOM YOU DONT! YOU WERE IN ONE BAD RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FATHER, SO YOU ACT LIKE ALL LOVE IN THE WORLD IS POINTLESS. WELL THATS A LOAD OF BULLSHIT MOM, BECUASE SERENA MAKES ME HAPPIER THAN ANYOME ELSE EVER DID. IM SORRY I WAS BORN EARLIER THAN YOU WANTED BECAUSE OF DAD, BUT I LOVE SERENA! YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT US!"

I saw tears forming in my moms eyes. She was clearly taken back by me, but I didn't care. I ran up to my room, and locked the door. Diesel was obviously scared, so he just pretended to be asleep. I knew what I just did was wrong, but I needed to do it. I also knew what I was about to do was wrong again, but I needed to do it.

I flung open my window and ran across the street to Serena's house. I had tears of anger in my eyes, making my vision blurry. I needed Serena. I climbed up the tree near her window, and knocked. She let me in and saw me, and she immediately started crying too.

"Ash... What did she say?" Serena was now streaming tears.

"She said no. But I don't care, I'm going to be with you no matter what she says." I pulled her into a hug. We cried on each other's shoulders for what seemed like hours, but eventually started smiling again. I wiped away Serena's tears and kissed her.

"Are you sure we can still be together?" Serena asked me.

"Serena, there's nothing she can take that is more important to me than you. I would live on the streets if it meant I could be with you."

She was now smiling bigger than before. I kissed her one more time and climbed back out of the window. I walked home again, prepared to face my mom. I decided I was going to walk right back in. I opened the door to hear my mom crying.

"Ash! Where were you?" My mom wiped her tears.

"Where do you think." I shot her an evil glare before climbing up the stairs to my room.

Then I threw myself onto the bed for sleep. I needed it, but after a few seconds I heard my mom sniffling outside my door, followed by a knock.

"Ash, open the door please."

     I opened the door to see my mom a crying mess. Maybe I went to hard, but she needs to know how much I love Serena.

"You can be with Serena. Just don't do anything stupid." And she turned around to go to bed.

     I would tell Serena tommorow. For now I really need sleep, and I'm sure diesel does too.