Ready

She was so excited, practically peeing her pants excited. Tonight, she was going to see her favorite band in concert. This band had helped her through so much, and they meant so much to her. Plus, she'd always had a crush on the lead singer/guitarist. Finally, after 3 years, she would see them for real.

She hollered a taxi over on the busy New York streets. She pulled her favorite t-shirt down and pulled up her jeans as she got into a taxi.

"Hello, ma'am. Where would you like to go?" The driver asked her.

"To the Spring Festival Arena, please," she said quickly.

"Yes, ma'am," The driver set off.

She took a deep breath, gulping. She had reserved front row seats, there was times, she knew from watching countless YouTube videos, that the singer went down into the first row and took selfies with peoples phones. Her heart swooned when she thought of him; But he was so out of her league. He was 3 years older than her, and that was a decent sized gap.

After paying and tipping the taxi driver, she got out. The arena had already filled up, and there were a group of men onstage doing soundcheck. She had once played on stage for hundreds of people, playing Beethoven on the piano. Those days were long ago, and long gone.

She pushed her way through the crowds and finally got to her seat. There were people already crowding the row. She played a game on her phone as the sun went down, and the breeze whipped her hair around. She tucked her phone into her pocket as the lights onstage dimmed. This was it; She was finally here. A familiar voice, even better in person, rang out across the stadium.

"New York, are you ready to rock?"