Epilogue

Dan and Elaine continued to hang out together. Soon enough, Dan had a new girlfriend. The two got married quickly, clearly in love with each other. They had twin girls, named Rosie and Poppy. Dan had agreed to the names- he'd liked them a lot. Elaine was happy with her husband and two kids.

Dan and Nova continued to talk, and visited each other quite often. They were closer than ever. It was a meant to be friendship. They could always rely on each other.

*****

A few years later, 5sos was on their tour again for their brand new album. Luke was 22 and Nova was now 19. She had her mind set on who she wanted to marry, and their ages didn't matter to her. She was just waiting. Luke decided it was time. They were playing at a concert, in Australia- just so Dan and Elaine could make it. After playing mostly all the songs. Luke got down on one knee and pulled out the ring. Of course, Nova said yes. And she would've said it a million more times, too, if it wasn't for the fact that Luke picked up his guitar and began to play a song- her favorite. A song that described her and Luke's relationship. A song she'd loved for a long time.

Wasted,
I'm playing the same parts
Where I'm chasing,
Your sick little heart
Till I'm jaded and lying on the floor
Faded,
I'm wrapped in your arms
While you're waiting
To tear me apart
With a last kiss,
You leave me wanting more

You...
You're a catch 22
Win or lose I'm screwed
I'm trapped under your spell
It saves me, breaks me
Till I fall back to you...
You're a catch 22
You're a catch 22

Restless, I stay awake
With the spaces,
The thought of our hands interlacing
Is taking over me
Reckless, I'm at your front door
And I'm helpless, I'm twisted back up
In the madness, repeating history
Promise me you'll never let me leave

You...
You're a catch 22
Win or lose I'm screwed
I'm trapped under your spell
It saves me, breaks me
Till I fall back to you...
You're a catch 22
You're a catch 22

(You're a catch 22)

Damned if I do
Damned if I don't
Let me go
I'm better off alone

And here we go again

You...
You're a catch 22
Win or lose I'm screwed
I'm trapped under your spell
It saves me, breaks me
Till I fall back to you...
You're a catch 22
Win or lose I'm screwed
I'm trapped under your spell
It saves me, breaks me
Till I fall back to you...
You're a catch 22
Win or lose I'm screwed

****

When Nova was 25, they decided to have kids. They had one girl, first, and named her (drum roll) Hayley, after the words in 5sos's song Lost In Reality: "Hey hey Hayley, won't you save me."

Their second child, a few years later, was a boy. They named him Jacob, simply because Nova loved the name. Nova and Luke couldn't be more happy.

Jacob grew up and ended up being in a band- and he urged his older sister to join it, too. So she did. Their band became famous long after 5 Second's of Summer had ended. However, the 4 boys were all still friends. They visited Luke and Nova so much they practically lived at their house up in Hollywood. Yes- they bought a house in Hollywood because Nova wanted to and was just that stubborn.

Ashton was reunited with his girlfriend at last, and Ash's girlfriend brought one her friends along, who, coincidentally, had a huge crush on Calum. And Calum ended up feeling the same way. She and Cal got married and lived a free life, having no kids.

Michael, however. Oh, Michael. He met a girl while drunk at a party. The girl offered to take him home, since he was drunk. After, they began to talk, and it turned out that Mikey really liked her. Like, a lot. And she felt the same way towards him. Michael and Ally ended up going throughout life, taking the easy way out- going to parties and bunking at Nova and Luke's house.

In the end, everything really worked out. Everyone was really happy. And Nova still couldn't believe she was married to Luke fricking Hemmings. After all that. And she truly loved him, with all her heart. She got her rose tattoo, but then she got another one on the veins of her wrist, where her scars were. It was something else- it was more important than anything. It read 4 simple words, but words that made a lasting memory.

You're a catch 22