4 - The Angel and the Broken Window

It was late at night when something came crashing through your bedroom window. The sound woke you up immediately and had you rushing over to the source of the problem. As you realized you couldn't quite make out what the thing was in the dark, you could hear loud thumping from the stairs and Sorrell's bedroom door opening. Quickly you rush over to the lights and turn them on. Your eyes widen as you stare at the ground in awe. Long ivory hair... and pure white fluffy wings covered the pale figure.

...is that... an Angel?

Before your thoughts could come to their final conclusion Kurai and Sorrell come flying through the door.

"(y/n)! Are you okay?" Sorrell calls rushing over to your side. Kurai is somehow in front of you in a blink on an eye. Not saying a word but clearly glaring down at the Angel. Sorrell notices this too and gasps when she lays her eyes on the silhouette of the Angel.

"...great" Kurai and Sorrell both say in unison. Something tells you at least one of them recognizes the Angel completely. Which you place your bet on Kurai.

"And here I thought running away to my sister's house would fix this problem... especially when I saw the demon too." Oh, nope. It seems that you were off on that one. Sorrell is the one with Angel problems it seems. But why?

Soft groans of pain and slight movements being coming from the floor Angel. His voice is soft and light like a cloud. You frown at his struggle and push past both Sorrell and Kurai to get to the side of the Angel. Kurai seems like he wants to stop you. Sorrell only watches with hints of amusement.

"Um, are you okay? I mean... my window sure isn't, but I at least hope you're not dying on me okay?" You ask in your softest voice possible as the Angel seemed so fragile. His right arm shakily reaches out and grasps your wrist. Silences follows for a minute before he turns his head to face you. Blood clearly dripping down his forehead as his opaque blue eyes bore into yours.

"...the young girl... she is here.. isn't she?" He asks with his eyes beginning to water as the blood drips into his eyes. Sorrell scoffs.

"Why must you try so hard, stupid. Go back to where you belong and let me do what I want to!" She huffs and stomps her little feet against your poor floor. The Angel seems to pass out again after her words. His head flops down and his eyes close.

"Whelp, let's kick his ass out and fix up that window." Kurai suggests taking a step towards you and the Angel.

"We can't just kick him out! He's bleeding from his head and unconscious!" You argue turning your head and glaring up at Kurai and Sorrell who seems to be in agreement with his idea.

"You've got to be kidding me! You stupid human! Don't you think? Letting an Angel stay here is— wait." Kurai begins to laugh like a mad man. "Ahaha!! Of course! We'll use him to our advantage and chain his ass up!"

"You've got to be kidding me... I don't like that idea! Please, let's kick him out." Sorrell pleads. You sigh. They are both so selfish. You on the other hand feel terrible for the poor guy (despite his abuse towards your window) you couldn't find any reason to let the unconscious Angel leave. He could at least stay until he's better.

"My house, my rules. The Angel stays the night. He can leave in the morning if he's better." Getting up from your swatting position beside the Angel you move beside the selfish two.

"Anyone against it can leave. Otherwise Sorrell get me the broom and Kurai help me fix the window please." The two of them share a look and a heavy sign before Sorrell leaves the room to get the broom.

"Man human, y'know you're a pain in the ass."

"It's (y/n)—not human dumbass. Now get over yourself and help me with the window. Surely you can magically fix it or something." Kurai seems amused by your tone.

"Sure. (y/n). You'll have to repay me somehow but I can reverse the damages on the window and make it even better than before." He grins and snaps his fingers with ease and— wow, before your eyes the pieces of the widow merge back together and move back in place fixing it completely.

"Looks the same, right? But it isn't! I've now made it crash proof from stupid Angel's like the one on your floor." Kurai puffs out his chest all proud. How does he make it that specific? Like surely it's crash proof from things other than just angel's... right..?

"Uh, wow. Thanks Kurai. Now help me move the Angel to my bed. I'll clean up his face after." Your words obviously have a negative effect on Kurai as he frowns.

"You think I want to touch that thing?"

"Oh Kurai, you big baby. Just help me and I'll let you look at my phone again." Perhaps bribing him with something he's unfamiliar but interested in will do the trick. It does seems to work as he quickly lifts the Angel up and tosses him onto your bed.

Now to clean him up...